SRAM AXS Force sequential shifting mode...strange gear combinations?

guidodg

I use the SRAM AXS Force sequential shifting mode which I find very useful

I have a 33-46T with a 10-33 cassette.

I find that when down shifting from say a 46T 17 to an easier gear , the sequential shift chooses up to the 46T 28 before dropping to the small 33T chainring choosing a 33T 24

The 46T 28 causes a really bad chain alignment and seems extreme....why this choice by SRAM when using sequential shifting and is there any way to make it drop from the 46T to the 33T sooner when downshifting?

I find that when down shifting from say a 46T 17 to an easier gear , the sequential shift chooses up to the 46T 28 before dropping to the small 33T chainring choosing a 33T 24

The 46T 28 causes a really bad chain alignment and seems extreme....why this choice by SRAM when using sequential shifting and is there any way to make it drop from the 46T to the 33T sooner when downshifting?

I use the normal way, I found that way was causing too many gear changes at the time, I want to expect it went my front derailer changes blades. The only thing that remains automatic is that when I go from the big to the small blade it drops one gear at the back.

I use the SRAM AXS Force sequential shifting mode which I find very useful[/size]

I have a 33-46T with a 10-33 cassette.[/size]I find that when down shifting from say a 46T 17 to an easier gear , the sequential shift chooses up to the 46T 28 before dropping to the small 33T chainring choosing a 33T 24[/size]The 46T 28 causes a really bad chain alignment and seems extreme....why this choice by SRAM when using sequential shifting and is there any way to make it drop from the 46T to the 33T sooner when downshifting?[/size]

The only thing you can do go the semi sequential route where you control the front ring shifts. Can't remember if that option is still in the app

I have no experience with SRAM but pretty sure this is customisable with Shimano DI2. Aren't there options to change the shifting sequence in the SRAM app?

I run a 10/28 with a 35/48 and have the same issue. I would prefer a move from the 48 to the 35 one gear sooner at the rear. I often compensate shift to action the front derailleur..!

I can't find any solution on the app.

Had similar issue on Di2.  For reference, I was using 50-34 with 11-28 11sp.

Etube allows you to make adjustments to a small degree.  On the upshift (from the 34 to the 50) I was always happy, but the other way around (50 to 34 shift) it wouldn't allow me to specify any lower than after engaging the 25t sprocket.  That's some pretty bad cross-chaining.  Yours sounds even worse.

Ultimately I switched to semi sequential, or Semi Synchro shift in Shimano speak.  Initially two sprockets of adjustment but later just one.  I'm happier now.