Am I being unreasonable here?

RobertWhitehead

Thank you all for the re-assurance that I'm not being unreasonable here. I have sent him the link to this thread and will give him until 14:00 this afternoon after which if he still does not reply I will:

• name and shame.  
  • report him to the Hub admin.
  • Possibly make contact with some of my friends and family who are in the police force to discuss the fraud avenue.
  • And lastly I will then provide his contact details to every DM I have received who's willing to provide some assistance - this is super cool. 

So get the popcorn ready folks fun and games and it's not even Friday yet 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for the re-assurance that I'm not being unreasonable here. I have sent him the link to this thread and will give him until 14:00 this afternoon after which if he still does not reply I will:

• name and shame.  
  • Possibly make contact with some of my friends and family who are in the police force to discuss the fraud avenue.
  • And lastly I will then provide his contact details to every DM I have received who's willing to provide some assistance - this is super cool. 

I like it, vat so katvis !!!  Go all out, no mercy.

I've just been wondering if I am a little impatient here? I decided before I act I will post it to the wise oracles of the interwebs to see if I need to sharpen my pitchfork and or if I can stand down soldier. Here's my scenario: 

• Bought a 29er fork from a fellow hubber on the 26th of Jan 2021. Images showed a decent Fox CTD 32 Evo with remote lockout and thru axle.
  • Fork arrives on Friday the 29th and once I open it it has no thru axle. I query this and it was said that it was forgotten and will be sent on the Monday (no worries, I have also done this in the past - omissions happen)
  • Saturday I start to build the bike and everything goes quite smooth until I try to fit the front wheel - the wheel does not fit! This is weird, I jump onto the Fox website with the ID code: CFKK - https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike

Low and behold this fork is not a 29er as advertised its actually a 650B. 

• I contact the seller again and inform him of said error on the Saturday afternoon at 15:20. He replies at 21:20 asking what the problem is. I send him the code and link to their website and tell him that the fork is actually a 650B and not a 29er. His reply: "Hmmmm dit maak nie sin nie". 
  • On Sunday I send him my banking details and ask him to refund me so that I can return the fork to him. Apparently he owns a service center so I figured he can use or sell it on again as I don't have a use for a 650B fork. He replies by saying that he'll chat to me on Monday, fine everyone should rest and spend time with family, I respect that. 
  • Monday morning at 10:00 I send him a message asking about the refund, no reply. 
  • Tuesday (yesterday) I send him another message asking him about the process going forward. He informs me that I can sell the fork on, at this point he has forgotten to send me the thru axle and also the fact that he sold me a 650B fork as a 29er. 
  • I remind him that this will be quite bad for him if I now have to sell the fork on to someone else as I will have to go and purchase a new thru axle and I will have to give him a bad rating here on the hub. Here's my words and his reply: 

Ek gaan moet 'n thru axle gaan koop om hom weer heel te maak. En jy besef dat ek jou 'n slegte rating gaan gee omdat jy aan my 'n 650B vurk verkoop het as 'n 29er sonder 'n axle

His reply: 

As by wil dryg go ahead , ek Sal def vir jou terug betaal hey Maar lyk my jy wil nou baas speel. 

My reply: 

Nope, ek speel niks baas nie, ek behandel jou nog heeltyd ordentelik en ek is ook nie negatief nie. As jy wil hê dat ek die vurk na jou toe moet terug stuur dan gee my die Postnet adres waarnatoe ek hom kan stuur en doen asb die eft soos ek Saterdag gevra het.

I've never played boss in any way, I mean I'm not even angry, the fork is in bloody good condition, part from the fact that it's the wrong wheel size  :blink:.

I've already given him my banking details and asked him for the address where I can send this fork back to. This went unanswered. 

His reply to the above was then: He will be coming to PTA over this weekend and he will sort it out then. I then asked that he then pay me 50% of the fork's value so that I don't have to sit and wait until the weekend before having this resolved. This also went unanswered.

My question to the wise oracles are: Am I just being impatient or does it seem like his playing for time and has no intention to refund me and or take the fork back? Should I just add a rating, buy a new thru axle, list the fork and move on? 

Thanks guys, sorry about the essay

Sorry Robert, hope you get sorted!

At ADMIN - cant these serial numbers be an obligatory inclusion for advertising in the classifieds?

Would be nice if such databases could contain owner name and a contact of sorts.

Cool. Hope you get it sorted. My offer stands if you have no success, and I wont take the dogs along just yet... ????

• name and shame.

• name and shame.  

So at roughly 14h01 this thread will heat up big time. I can't wait but you kinda messing up my plans of leaving work early.

Do you have a screen shot of the original ad?

Would be great evidence if this dwis wants to go to court

good luck with enforcing NCA here in RSA

law gives rules and guidelines

enforcement of same isnt easy

Edited by rorydewet

That escalated quickly, the latest reply from the seller is that I can return the fork to him and once his received it he will return my money. 

I sent him a message on this add asking if the Reccon was still available:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/mountain-bike-forks/448184/silverback-sido-3-parts  

He replied on WhatsApp informing me that this fork was sold but that he had this one still available (images of WhatsApp chat attached). 

He has now encouraged me to go ahead and do what I must and that he thinks that I am being dishonest for not wanting to return the fork to him without receiving my money back. 

I will list the fork later today for sale, I think a nice touch would be to add a link to this discussion in the ad as well  :clap:

post-51766-0-94015400-1612347125_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-37734100-1612347142_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-95370600-1612347148_thumb.jpg

I have no idea, it is possible. I have never met him before but he did mention that he owns a service center

is it Morne that owns Techno Guide in Stellenbosch?