Am I being unreasonable here?

RobertWhitehead

And for gods sake close it.It has been resolved as far as I can tell.If another person posts about the difference between 271/2 and 29 I will slit my wrists or something equally dramatic

Or drink tee with someone you openly attest and put photos on social media  :whistling:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And for gods sake close it.It has been resolved as far as I can tell.If another person posts about the difference between 271/2 and 29 I will slit my wrists or something equally dramatic

Oh man... dont tease us  :thumbup:

Absolutely not!

Each to their own.

My sister had all his albums.

I am sure that contributed to me leaving home

You would probably find Polly Samson's book a good read.There were a number of webcasts with her and David Gilmour about Leonard Cohen

post-523-0-80998300-1612878315_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kranswurm

Guys

i was absolutely in the wrong and i truly apologize in the behavior that i approached this.

I refunded the guy and will act more professionally in the future.

thanks for everyone involvements to make me realize that i need to be better in my admin upkeep.

thanks

Morne

I think this says a lot and the matter should be left there, schadenfreude is really not a lekker thing.

I think this says a lot and the matter should be left there, schadenfreude is really not a lekker thing.

Nope the dude is just paying lip service now, the fire needs to be kept stoked [emoji10]

‘thanks for everyone involvements to make me realize that i need to be better in my admin upkeep’

Have a lot more to learn than that...

Edited by Andy_P

‘thanks for everyone involvements to make me realize that i need to be better in my admin upkeep’

Have a lot more to learn than that...

Perhaps Hubbers can compile an exhaustive list of lessons (that should have been) learned

Each to their own.

My sister had all his albums.

I am sure that contributed to me leaving home

You would probably find Polly Samson's book a good read.There were a number of webcasts with her and David Gilmour about Leonard Cohen

I will give it a look

I find him an incredibly interesting character. If anyone wants to get an inkling into his mind then listen to this interview. It truly is a great listen

I get where he may come across as depressing, but then I have always been attracted to solemn music. ironically 2 songs that I really love are both about the passage through life. REM's Find the River, and Leonard Cohens - Dance me to the end of Love - which is just an amazingly uplifting song

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin

Dance me through the panic till I'm gathered safely in

Lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove

Dance me to the end of love

Oh, let me see your beauty when the witnesses are gone

Let me feel you moving like they do in Babylon

Show me slowly what I only know the limits of

Dance me to the wedding now, dance me on and on

Dance me very tenderly and dance me very long

We're both of us beneath our love, we're both of us above

Dance me to the children who are asking to be born

Dance me through the curtains that our kisses have outworn

Raise a tent of shelter now, though every thread is torn

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin

Dance me through the panic till I'm gathered safely in

Touch me with your naked hand or touch me with your glove

I've just been wondering if I am a little impatient here? I decided before I act I will post it to the wise oracles of the interwebs to see if I need to sharpen my pitchfork and or if I can stand down soldier. Here's my scenario:

• Bought a 29er fork from a fellow hubber on the 26th of Jan 2021. Images showed a decent Fox CTD 32 Evo with remote lockout and thru axle.
  • Fork arrives on Friday the 29th and once I open it it has no thru axle. I query this and it was said that it was forgotten and will be sent on the Monday (no worries, I have also done this in the past - omissions happen)
  • Saturday I start to build the bike and everything goes quite smooth until I try to fit the front wheel - the wheel does not fit! This is weird, I jump onto the Fox website with the ID code: CFKK - https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike
Low and behold this fork is not a 29er as advertised its actually a 650B.
  • I contact the seller again and inform him of said error on the Saturday afternoon at 15:20. He replies at 21:20 asking what the problem is. I send him the code and link to their website and tell him that the fork is actually a 650B and not a 29er. His reply: "Hmmmm dit maak nie sin nie".
  • On Sunday I send him my banking details and ask him to refund me so that I can return the fork to him. Apparently he owns a service center so I figured he can use or sell it on again as I don't have a use for a 650B fork. He replies by saying that he'll chat to me on Monday, fine everyone should rest and spend time with family, I respect that.
  • Monday morning at 10:00 I send him a message asking about the refund, no reply.
  • Tuesday (yesterday) I send him another message asking him about the process going forward. He informs me that I can sell the fork on, at this point he has forgotten to send me the thru axle and also the fact that he sold me a 650B fork as a 29er.
  • I remind him that this will be quite bad for him if I now have to sell the fork on to someone else as I will have to go and purchase a new thru axle and I will have to give him a bad rating here on the hub. Here's my words and his reply:
Ek gaan moet 'n thru axle gaan koop om hom weer heel te maak. En jy besef dat ek jou 'n slegte rating gaan gee omdat jy aan my 'n 650B vurk verkoop het as 'n 29er sonder 'n axle

His reply:

As by wil dryg go ahead , ek Sal def vir jou terug betaal hey Maar lyk my jy wil nou baas speel.

My reply:

Nope, ek speel niks baas nie, ek behandel jou nog heeltyd ordentelik en ek is ook nie negatief nie. As jy wil hê dat ek die vurk na jou toe moet terug stuur dan gee my die Postnet adres waarnatoe ek hom kan stuur en doen asb die eft soos ek Saterdag gevra het.

I've never played boss in any way, I mean I'm not even angry, the fork is in bloody good condition, part from the fact that it's the wrong wheel size :blink:.

I've already given him my banking details and asked him for the address where I can send this fork back to. This went unanswered.

His reply to the above was then: He will be coming to PTA over this weekend and he will sort it out then. I then asked that he then pay me 50% of the fork's value so that I don't have to sit and wait until the weekend before having this resolved. This also went unanswered.

My question to the wise oracles are: Am I just being impatient or does it seem like his playing for time and has no intention to refund me and or take the fork back? Should I just add a rating, buy a new thru axle, list the fork and move on?

Thanks guys, sorry about the essay

No you aren't being unreasonable, if anything. He is being a prick.

I'm looking forward to the next instalment of this series. 

Read the WhatsApp messages (what was censored?). No, I do not believe Robert was unreasonable in the slightest way. He was courteous enough to draw Morné's attention to the discussion, where the man could have taken a golden opportunity to defend himself and his his fledgeling business.

I know this: I will not have my bicycle serviced with anyone who broadcasts countless messages with zero care for structure and spelling (I get he is a second-language speaker, but FFS spell your own name right!). 

Robert, hope you come right.