Best value for money cycling clothes

VTFerreira1

subjective topic, but i guess the bang for buck entry would probably start at MrPrice sport.

some guys will swear by their Assos bibs and ride them high mileage for 3 years. Sure they cost R3k upfront but if they are used a lot and work better than other options. I don't know if they really are worth it. If you pony up that much cash you aren't going to admit it if they are crap for you(but the weight of anecdotal evidence is strong here).

Worst value cycling bib is the one you spend R1k on and it doesn't work for you from the first ride.

This ☝????

When you calculate the R/Km of bibs, I am confident that the higher quality brands will work out mote costs effective. Jerseys less so.

Some of my favorite and cheapest kit is from Spexcel off Aliexpress. They're basically Rapha ripoffs without the logos. Most of their tops are plain colours, have a zipper pocket at the back, and are generally made well. I even used their cargo bibs for DC last year. No problemo!

This is tricky to answer, at least as far as bibs go... One man's meat is another man's poison... The most expensive bib may be impossible for me to endure for more than an hour, yet, the cheapest might be the best...

Jersey's are different and for me it comes down to how well the material lasts in the washing machine and when i hit the deck, or when it gets grabbed by bushes and twigs on the trail.

I'd recommend watching this thread and the other mentioned above - Anatomic make good stuff. 

Rapidsport is another. Enjoy is another good brand, First Ascent as well. It's important to get the fit right - start at the bottom and work your way up - much more economical way of finding hidden gems that way.

My opinion,

If your ride 1-4 hours, you should get away with any brand. If your ride is 4-8 hours, get anything with decent padding. If you ride >8 hours, ie. Baviaans, 36ONE, DC or stage races, buy the best your money can afford. Endurance suffer fests not only require proper padding, but you might find that the cut of the garments does not work for your body shape. Also, invest in some chamois cream for your "foundation" since even the best chamois on this earth will work your skin real bad after a few hours, dependent on how wet/dry conditions are, or how much you sweat.

Then ...... your choice of saddle could potentially undo all the above :wacko:

Another tread altogether :w00t:

Someone mentioned First assent. Their jerseys might be good, but their bib don't last more than 1 year before they fall apart.

Best value for money bibs for me have been Anatomic. Got one that I've had for 6 years and it's still going strong.