Scammer on Bikehub

Oom Kaspaas

Hi guys, almost got scammed now. I posted about a Scott Spark in Buyers Guide. This guy with username ahulley responded on the thread stating that he has a Scott Spark 920 he wants to sell at a good price. I whatsapped him, then he sent pics. Pics turned out to be from another Facebook ad, but he almost caught me. His Bikehub profile is now deleted. People are desperate and struggling with the Covid fallout. I had a long chat with “Andrew” over the phone, he lost his job and many other things. If you read this, please dont try the same thing again on Bikehub or anywhere else. I pray that some other door will rather open for you to make a honest buck...

Hi guys, almost got scammed now. I posted about a Scott Spark in Buyers Guide. This guy with username ahulley responded on the thread stating that he has a Scott Spark 920 he wants to sell at a good price. I whatsapped him, then he sent pics. Pics turned out to be from another Facebook ad, but he almost caught me. His Bikehub profile is now deleted. People are desperate and struggling with the Covid fallout. I had a long chat with “Andrew” over the phone, he lost his job and many other things. If you read this, please dont try the same thing again on Bikehub or anywhere else. I pray that some other door will rather open for you to make a honest buck...

Thanks for reporting this and glad to hear you didn't get caught!

I banned the account early this morning after identifying it him a scammer in the Classifieds, but hadn't seen his response in your thread. Will keep a look out for this too going forward.

He's been doing this long before Covid and is very convincing.

Thanks for reporting this and glad to hear you didn't get caught!

I banned the account early this morning after identifying it him a scammer in the Classifieds, but hadn't seen his response in your thread. Will keep a look out for this too going forward.

He's been doing this long before Covid and is very convincing.

He is definitely very convincing. A clever oke, surely he can put the energy into something productive.

He is definitely very convincing. A clever oke, surely he can put the energy into something productive.

He could, but instead its easier and far less work to prey on good natured people who want to see the good in everyone.

People like this know that very little will happen to them so they keep doing it.

• 4 weeks later...

some guys here have a 1000post entry level for any form of business. I have become a convert when I heard another hubber (legit guy) was scammed by an imposter.

• 1 month later...

Same scammer almost caught me on Gumtree now with a Sram GX kit he advertised for R3000. It was like Deja Vu and I recognized his voice. Obviously different name and number - he is “Victor McDonald” now. Question is, how do these guys get away but they have real bank details?

Share the numbers he uses. It will help people find this thread when they google a number to double check.

+27 64 837 4845

I am sure he changes frequently. All 3 ads already down

I have reported it, but he is still online.

So now they’re not on oil rigs anymore but in Dubai ????