Advertisers Please Respond To Your Chat Messages !!

RomP

Very annoying agreed but maybe it’s like my situation - I mostly view on my iPhone where I can never see if I have a message or even if I’ve gotten a like

Only when I check on my computer do I pick up the messages and even then not always

But sometimes I’ve seen stuff advertised, tried to get in touch and then seen that the seller hasn’t been online for 5 days

Moral of the story ....... don't get an iPhone!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if my response was not good in this instance RomP. I advertised it yesterday, had an offer within the hour, but could only meet the buyer has this morning. After receiving payment, I marked the item as sold. I will try to answer buyers quicker in future, but might not always be able to do so within 24 hours on a weekend. Herman

I think the classifieds section MUST have a compulsory PHONE Number requirement. No number, no advert. If you want to sell something on a public forum, then be prepared to share your phone number or advertise in the junk mail.

Maybe time wasters should be banned for a month or so, so they can wake up. :-) LOL

Sorry but I don't want my number on an open forum for scammers and spammers.

While it may make things easier for you, its not ideal in the current world we live in.

Anyway if you lose out on a deal because the item is sold already, then you were snoozing...

Not the sellers fault.

You snooze you loose.

In my opinion BH "Buy & Sell" platform has got to be the worst i've used - I list on both FB groups or marketplace and BH and almost everything i sold has been on FB

Gotta agree with you. Worst platform I’ve used. Far too tedious and too much effort to navigate, send messages etc. It’s almost unusable from your phone, which in this age is like the worst oversight. Edited by stefmeister

Very annoying agreed but maybe it’s like my situation - I mostly view on my iPhone where I can never see if I have a message or even if I’ve gotten a like

Only when I check on my computer do I pick up the messages and even then not always

But sometimes I’ve seen stuff advertised, tried to get in touch and then seen that the seller hasn’t been online for 5 days

I know it is said in jest but in case someone goes out and buys a new phone just because they want to see their likes....it is the same over both platforms in any mobile browser...chrome,safari,firefox. I’m not talking about using the forum through tapatalk or whatever it is called, just plain vanilla bikehub.co.za. It is a flaw in the mobile website design. Same as being “unable” to upload pics on mobile. Everything shows up if you view the site in desktop mode lol.

I see when i have a chat on an advert on mobile site at the bell icon...but it is inconsistent. Sometimes you have to log in and out before they show up.

I havent read the entire thread, but its not just advertisers here that are the problem.

Many times I've used the "Contact Us" option on a company's website never to get any response at all. Why even have the option then if nobody mans the inbox ?

To the Applestolics and the Droids out there ........

Personally I have not had issues with notifications when a chat is waiting on my response. What I have found:

1) Seller does not monitor his inbox for responses to his ad. The notification is there, but he uses his office e-mail, hence does not see anything between Friday noon and Monday morning, or whenever he gets to the office.

2) You contact the seller, he responds immediately with a typical "I will check for you when I am at home", just to eventually get hold of him 4 days later - and he tells you it is sold :cursing:

In my opinion the application, platform or portal causes roughly 10% of "failures:whistling:

To the Applestolics and the Droids out there ........

Personally I have not had issues with notifications when a chat is waiting on my response. What I have found:

1) Seller does not monitor his inbox for responses to his ad. The notification is there, but he uses his office e-mail, hence does not see anything between Friday noon and Monday morning, or whenever he gets to the office.

2) You contact the seller, he responds immediately with a typical "I will check for you when I am at home", just to eventually get hold of him 4 days later - and he tells you it is sold :cursing:

In my opinion the application, platform or portal causes roughly 10% of "failures:whistling:

Never mind me, I was just taking a wild left hook at iPhone users.

I am so sucked into the apple ecosystem that I'm here for life because I'm an old dog unwilling to learn new tricks.

The last time I used anything else was windows 95, a nokia phone and a sony CD walkman

Got sucked in so long ago I'm trapped

I havent read the entire thread, but its not just advertisers here that are the problem.

Many times I've used the "Contact Us" option on a company's website never to get any response at all. Why even have the option then if nobody mans the inbox ?

Hi ouzo

I can't find any communications from you in our support inbox.

Although a different system, I see that you did reported a spammer selling "alkaline water" in the forums in September, thanks.

Do you recall when you last attempted to contact us? I'd like to try track down how it went missing.

Hi ouzo

I can't find any communications from you in our support inbox.

Although a different system, I see that you did reported a spammer selling "alkaline water" in the forums in September, thanks.

Do you recall when you last attempted to contact us? I'd like to try track down how it went missing.

Sorry Nick, was not specifically speaking about bikebhub but rather company's in general. 

Sorry Nick, was not specifically speaking about bikebhub but rather company's in general. 

Ah, I see now that you were speaking in general. My misunderstanding. Thanks.