Advertisers Please Respond To Your Chat Messages !!

RomP

Hi Hubbers,

1. Mypro

2. DeRosaKing

Please guys, if you advertise something, respond to inboxes otherwise you are wasting potensial buyers time.

It may also make things easier if you have your contact numbers on the adverts...just saying  :-)

Edited by RomP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say it is rather frustrating.

I have also sent a message to a seller and he just doesnt read the messages.

Time to move on I suppose

Edited by Vetseun

Very annoying agreed but maybe it’s like my situation - I mostly view on my iPhone where I can never see if I have a message or even if I’ve gotten a like

Only when I check on my computer do I pick up the messages and even then not always

But sometimes I’ve seen stuff advertised, tried to get in touch and then seen that the seller hasn’t been online for 5 days

Yes we don't get the notifications and thats fine, but if you know you selling something and the user who is selling has been on the hub for a while they aware that message notifications don't often get notification on site but your email does get notified.

The new joiner sellers, they might not be aware of this tho.

But then again after 2 days most,if not all ppl check their email.

If you want to sell, then atleast act like you actually want to sell imo

Very annoying this.

Anyhow......

The contact no. of a seller is not visible unless you click on the phone number box - they should make it more visible and have an indicator of the method which the seller wants to be contacted.

I also had major problems with bikehub messages not indicating i had un read messages - Only once i logged out and back in as well as clearing my cookies did all the messages appear - by then all the stuff was sold on FB marketplace. In all my ads i told potential buyers to message me via whatsapp or sms - seems like some people don't read the adds properly

In my opinion BH "Buy & Sell" platform has got to be the worst i've used - I list on both FB groups or marketplace and BH and almost everything i sold has been on FB

This is something we’re getting a lot of feedback on lately.

Many of the cases are a situation where the seller has dozens of earlier messages and simply haven’t bothered to respond. Not ideal for those left hanging and we’re looking at ways to make it easier to respond in bulk, e.g. where an item has been sold.

However, from some of the replies here it seems there are also technical issues adding to the problem. If you’re not receiving chat message notifications either on the site or via email, or if you are finding any other issues PLEASE let us know via help@bikehub.co.za, including a screenshot if possible.

@RomP apologies for the slight hijack, but hopefully we can solve any broader issues that might be contributing to the problem you’re facing.

Instead of MOANING,,, go to your SETTINGS and you can set RESPONSES (via email if that's your preference) to:

Chats
Marketplace Updates
User Feedback
Favourited Items

The reason that Bike Stuff doesn't always sell well is because most sellers are pretty well educated (in general) as to what their stuff is worth and are often try to get the maximum price that they can - COZ they are looking to invest in a new build or new bike!

The buyers are also pretty well educated (in general) and don't want to pay top dollar!
Plus most purchasers are going carefully with their money at the moment!
PLUS most discerning BikeHub members have already got the bikes that they are happy with and don't particularly don't want to buy someone else's second/third hand (old geometry) bike that is being got rid of!!
Good bargains are available but as stated by many other BikeHubbers - THEY GO QUICKLY.
You snooze, you lose.
I have bought some amazing stuff from BikeHub so BikeHub gets my A+ vote.

But agree that for a Seller to not respond is just stupid!
I will aways phone immediately if the phone number is offered.
Edited by robbybzgo

Very frustrating, was looking to buy an item.

Emailed and dm seller a couple of times.

Only after 2 weeks got a single reply that item was sold.

As said above surely check your mail and DM's if you are selling something!

Maybe all members need to pass a compulsory test  "how to buy and sell" on the Interwebs to stay on this platform :-)  

Common sense is actually not that common when it comes to advertising something and not knowing how to deal with the process. As expected, seller eventually replies with "sorry sold yesterday" response as could be expected.

I think the classifieds section MUST have a compulsory PHONE Number requirement. No number, no advert. If you want to sell something on a public forum, then be prepared to share your phone number or advertise in the junk mail.

Maybe time wasters should be banned for a month or so, so they can wake up. :-) LOL

Very frustrating, was looking to buy an item.

Emailed and dm seller a couple of times.

Only after 2 weeks got a single reply that item was sold.

As said above surely check your mail and DM's if you are selling something!

And that is why they then get a %^&** rating from me

And that is why they then get a %^&** rating from me

Then you are abusing the rating system as you did not trade with the seller. Just because you lost out on a deal that they concluded with someone else, does not give you the right to give them a bad rating!

Then you are abusing the rating system as you did not trade with the seller. Just because you lost out on a deal that they concluded with someone else, does not give you the right to give them a bad rating!

There are people dishing out ratings who have not even had anything to do with the said ad.