shock for entry level dual suspension

Victor Smit

What is the difference between rock shock and fox shock?

And what is the better one for an entry level dual suspension?

Both are reputable brands. Both have entry level to professional level offerings.

I wouldn't really base my entry level dual sus bike choice on shock type of one comes with RS and the other fox. Something like geo/fork/overall spec would be more on my nitpic list.

What two bikes are you look at?

Well i do have an front sus bike. And i do enjoy cycling alot. The bike i have is anny way to smaal for me so I want to get a durable bike that will last. I was looking at

titan cypher RS elite ally

Scott spark 970

KTK scarp 294

Edited by Victor Smit

Saw a Cypher at my LBS and it really does look like great value, especially at its price point. I'd personally spend the couple extra Rands over the base model and get the SLX 12x group version. They all have droppers etc.

KTM don't have the same name in mountain biking as they do with motorbikes unfortunately.

What is the difference between rock shock and fox shock?

And what is the better one for an entry level dual suspension?

My experience is that any fox fork is pretty good. Rock shock do make some very entry level forks at a lower level than any fox make. If you can find out what the specific forks are it would be helpful.

Edited by Dusty

My experience is that any fox fork is pretty good. Rock shock do make some very entry level forks at a lower level than any fox make. If you can find out what the specific forks are it would be helpful.

So the KTM scarp 294 has a rock shox recon silver RL 29 100mm fork and rear it has a rockshox Monarch RL 165×38

The titan cypherRS elite has a rockshox SID select, FS SID SEL RL R 29 SB 100 DFB 42 B4 and rear shox X-fusion O2 RLR

The scott spark 970 has a rockshox judy silver TK fork and rear X-fusion NUDE RLX trunnion

So the KTM scarp 294 has a rock shox recon silver RL 29 100mm fork and rear it has a rockshox Monarch RL 165×38

The titan cypherRS elite has a rockshox SID select, FS SID SEL RL R 29 SB 100 DFB 42 B4 and rear shox X-fusion O2 RLR

The scott spark 970 has a rockshox judy silver TK fork and rear X-fusion NUDE RLX trunnion

The Titan looks the best specced amongst the 3. Sid fork is awesome.

Edited by Dusty