Titan Cypher RS Ultimate - A bike I want to try!

AllAboutRides

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm ja .....

It seems Specialized stores SHOULD be showing the emblem of their 49% shareholder and manufacturer .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merida_Bikes 

Same as various other "top brands" should be showing the GIANT emblem as their manufacturer .... 

While various companies were "building a brand" via sponsorship and sporting events, Merida and Giant got on with the business of making bikes ....

A little extract from - https://aushiker.com/blog/2013/03/19/where-was-my-bicycle-made/

Giant: ­ You may have ridden a bicycle made by Giant without knowing it! Giant is the world’s largest bicycle manufacturer with factories in Taiwan, China, and Europe. Giant, a Taiwanese company started in 1972, manufacturers their own bikes­ including the carbon bikes, which is unique in the industry (i.e., most other brands use other manufacturers such as Advanced International Multitech or Martec).

In addition to making their own bikes, Giant also makes, or has made, bikes for many other prominent brands, including TrekSpecialized [now part of Merida], Schwinn, and Bianchi. Giant’s claim to fame is that they have the most advanced and efficient manufacturing facilities in the bicycle industry.

Merida/Specialized 

VW Polo/ Lamborghini Aventador? 

:eek: 

A S-Works with this spec goes for R190k. If the name on a downtube is worth R80k to somebody dan moet hulle maar betaal.

I got over specialized a while ago. Have never been able to justify the cost, 80k for a sticker?  :wacko:

I have seen a few carbon titans with frame tolerance issues,seatpost tubes too big for the post supplied and rear suspension linkage spacer issues ,you get what you pay for .

Thats a good value bike for the cash,but to Beat a dead horse...what i don't get is our obsession with "race" bikes with 100mm travel.

Most people are not racers although "races" seem to be very popular in our country.why limit the fun,although it can still be had with 100mm suspension in capable hands...130-140mm is the sweetspot in terms of trail capability and all day effeciency yet here we are resies mal 40 50 60 year olds on race bikes...not a rant just a observation. Enjoy your bikes guys.

Hi Riaanoster,  

just curious have you made the purchase or just looking? 

Recently made a new purchase and it’s always exciting times. 

Please share your thought!

Titan Racing are really doing some great work lately and my I got caught into this bike:

https://www.titanracingbikes.com/product/cypher-rs-ultimate-carbon/

Very well spec bike for R107k and 5 year multi user warranty

Also go and have a look at the new Road bikes on bike addict website, they are also hot looking / well spec and good prices!

I would like to give credit where credit is due, so Titan Racing ......very well done for improving the brand! Watch out world!

Thats a good value bike for the cash,but to Beat a dead horse...what i don't get is our obsession with "race" bikes with 100mm travel.

Most people are not racers although "races" seem to be very popular in our country.why limit the fun,although it can still be had with 100mm suspension in capable hands...130-140mm is the sweetspot in terms of trail capability and all day effeciency yet here we are resies mal 40 50 60 year olds on race bikes...not a rant just a observation. Enjoy your bikes guys.

You’re about to get a couple of replies about how there aren’t enough trails in SA to justify 140mm trail bikes and how 100mm is more than good enough.

I agree with you though. I’m on a 120mm bike with a more relaxed geometry and in my old age it makes me very happy.

Try to do an WP XCO event on a 120+ bike ! Not so many entries in sub vets/vets but quality, the level is very high. Not everyone does it, but I’m assuming if you want to put 100K in a bike, it’s not to ride it every second weekend and walk the climbs

100%

that would be the factor that holds me back. not a fan of the colour at all

From my understanding the frames are exactly the same in the entire range.

Even between the RS and "normal"Cypher it is only the shock stroke that differ.

Frames can be swapped.

If I had the money to spend, it would be on the Cypher Empire and hopefully a bike shop or Titan can come to the party for a frame swop.

From my understanding the frames are exactly the same in the entire range.

Even between the RS and "normal"Cypher it is only the shock stroke that differ.

Frames can be swapped.

If I had the money to spend, it would be on the Cypher Empire and hopefully a bike shop or Titan can come to the party for a frame swop.

i actually enquired about this and got a fast response from them. so titan is on the ball there. which is nice.

long story short. the bikes come in as full bikes. 

to get a frame swap would need to find a shop willing to do that.

you also cannot buy a frameset alone - which is a pity as i have most all to make that option work.

still, i hear Melovelo are a stockist, so i will pop past today and take a proper look at the bikes.

Edited by Furbz

popped my head past Melo and i must say, while the colours on the empire are not to my liking they are not ugly by any stretch of the imagination.

really in the flesh looks good. not outstanding, but not ugly or offish. 

it would not frighten me off buying one