Inflation?

Longbarn Killer

Quite a number of years ago I bought a cheap indoor trainer from Makro for R299. With some rust and chrome peeling at some points, I sold it recently for R200 to a lady really keen to do some indoor training for Ironman.

Within a few days I saw the lady advertising it on Facebook for R300. Now, that same trainer has popped up again on Facebook for R750.

Maybe I did myself in.

Quite a number of years ago I bought a cheap indoor trainer from Makro for R299. With some rust and chrome peeling at some points, I sold it recently for R200 to a lady really keen to do some indoor training for Ironman.

Within a few days I saw the lady advertising it on Facebook for R300. Now, that same trainer has popped up again on Facebook for R750.

Maybe I did myself in.

Possibly, but you have more space in your house and R200 in your wallet. 

I've had something similar happen to me when selling a bike. Some guys buy to resell.

* To be fair the buyer / seller did repaint the bike so value was added.

You could definitely make a living from buying and selling on the classifieds. I regularly see items posted that I consider to be below market value. If you have the time to regularly check the classifieds for good deals and then add to products where necessary, you’re in the money.

Inflation is a relative term. Buying and selling is supply and demand.

I get where you're coming from, but you made the decision, you did the deal... it's done. don't second guess it and there's little to be gained from dwelling on it. but use the experience for next time for sure

lot's just wheel and deal. But it also comes with it's own grey hairs. If you have time and patience you can sell for more and buy for less. If not just accept a lesser deal and consider your man hours as savings.

lot's just wheel and deal. But it also comes with it's own grey hairs. If you have time and patience you can sell for more and buy for less. If not just accept a lesser deal and consider your man hours as savings.

Someone made a whole business out of it, webuycars.co.za

Someone made a whole business out of it, webuycars.co.za

just sold them 2 cars for more than the standard trade offered

Very smooth experience, I was surprised

I am now driving the newest car I have owned for a long time.  It's only 11 years old with 250 000km on the clock

Better half has a smaller version of the same car but hers is only 10 years old with less milage

Matching pajeros 

Mitsubishi, for people who can't or won't afford Toyotas but want the same reliability for lower insurance premiums and lower theft risk

Matching pajeros 

Mitsubishi, for people who can't or won't afford Toyotas but want the same reliability for lower insurance premiums and lower theft risk

We also drive Mitsubishi, great value for money.

Recently traded my 9 year old Triton for a 3 year old baby Triton.

The baby Triton`s plan is to be used well past her teenage years.

We also drive Mitsubishi, great value for money.

Recently traded my 9 year old Triton for a 3 year old baby Triton.

The baby Triton`s plan is to be used well past her teenage years.

Wasn't the 9 year old called a colt?

Wasn't the 9 year old called a colt?

Nope, Colt was replaced around 2007.

My employer had four colts, those V6 was great in the dunes.

Had the regular 2.5did dc Triton, only lost R100k with trade in, although one service at around 115 000 was R15k.

Nope, Colt was replaced around 2007.

My employer had four colts, those V6 was great in the dunes.

Had the regular 2.5did dc Triton, only lost R100k with trade in, although one service at around 115 000 was R15k.

Jus I'm getting old