Guide needed - Spruit this Sunday

KDEE

Look, Hog_ sounds like a major cop-out not pitching for a ride but hosting a braai afterwards? I like your style though...

My guess is that we'll be back at the trail-head by 10:00 latest (heck, any later and I'm being served divorced papers in ICU in a manner of speaking.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right... now I am confused, and the more I page back, the worse it getsEmbarrassed

Saturday: Mampara & Mrmed take people through the spruit from Cresta/south side. 7:30am

Sunday: EB, SP, KDEE, Hog +, through the spruit from Paulshof. 7:30am

I will (if I can get outa bed) join Mampara etc on Saturday with the wife's "BMX". If I find I can ride this small excuse for a MTB, I will join the Sunday group as well.

Nancy, you going to join the Sat group? I need to go as I haven't met Mampara or Mrmed yet.

SP, I've got a present for you. Garmin came to the party againThumbs%20Up... replaced your bar mount... free, gratis, por nada, fur nichts, 为没什么, mahala LOL

You know Pocketbikes... you are really One in a Million you know that??!!

another Hub Hero in my book !!Big%20smile  awesome

Not sure the braai idea is going to fly, apparently the woman made plans for us for the afternoon already Angry

Will still ride though. Where we meeting? At the top or the bottom? I'd still prefer Paulshof - no need to get in the car, plus I can sleep en extra 30 minutes.

Thank you BobbieEmbarrassed

It was nothing, really. I was just putting my money where my mouth is. I was telling SP that Garmin just replace anything that I have had, that has broken. In 6 years, they have replaced 3 units, 1 "sucker mount thingy" for the window, and 1 charger (and now, 1 bycicle handle bar mount). I have also had various exchanges done for friends.

Garmin is close to me, and I can run around in the day, so did SP a favour. Garmin even supplied the 2 cable ties!Clap

cool - can't wait for sunday!

pocketbikes, thank you so much - huge thumbs up to Garmin for that replacement - the mount was broken by some $%^&*wit fiddling with it at AMID (my bikes were used on the TB display and ont he sunday i found the mount had been broken. then pocketbikes on hearing this simply said for me to give it to him and now he's sorted it out - my "hero to the rescue" again!

If I find I can ride this small excuse for a MTB' date=' I will join the Sunday group as well.

[/quote']

So when are you buying yourself a MTB??? You obviously enjoy it, otherwise you wouldn't be planning TWO rides in one weekend!

Just buy a bike already!

hahaha nice descriptive request there! get in touch with the guys at www.trailriding.co.za and see if there is anything planned for the weekend..

I hope thats milk on her lips in your avatar

Hog, I do want to buy a bike. The thing is, at my ripe old age, I want to buy one big that will last me for the rest of my little cycling career. In other words, I don't want to buy a cheapie now and then a full susser in a year or twos time. I just want to do the normal type dirt riding like HR's dump ride and Groenies etc. I think it would be more comfortable on a FS. The next, and most important thing is the moola. I have received a great offer on a Specialized Stumpjumper, but the money is the main catch.

Bah! all I hear is excuses!

Sell the quad Tongue

Actually I'll swap you, my 'Goose for your quad! You'll have to pay in a few bob though, but we can negotiate in beer.

Nancy' date=' you going to join the Sat group? I need to go as I haven't met Mampara or Mrmed yet.

[/quote']

Hey PB! I'd love to join (and meet) the Cresta dudes, but I don't have the time to go all the way to Paulshof and back. I'm kinda limited to about 2 hours on a Saturday morning.

Anyway, will be riding alone if anyone changes their mind

Nancy' date=' you going to join the Sat group? I need to go as I haven't met Mampara or Mrmed yet.

[/quote']

Hey PB! I'd love to join (and meet) the Cresta dudes, but I don't have the time to go all the way to Paulshof and back. I'm kinda limited to about 2 hours on a Saturday morning.

Anyway, will be riding alone if anyone changes their mind

Why not join us and ride with untill your time is up. We're going Albert's Farm first, atleast that is the plan. You should make it all the way to the foot of the powestation climb before you should turn back.

Hog' date=' not my quad... brother-in-law's.Big%20smile

[/quote']

Schweeet! I'll swap for a six-pack then! LOL

Hey, and I can then show all the new Look Quarts pedals that Mr. Look lent me to try out. If you are not there for the ride, you are not the next one to borrow them for a test ride. No, you will not ride them on the day or get them right after. The test session will be a couple of weeks.

Mampara2008-07-04 04:23:29