Guide needed - Spruit this Sunday

KDEE

Schweeet! I'll swap for a six-pack then! LOL

I think that's too good to be true, so I will give you 2 six-packs for your bike LOL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hells teeth, 15 degrees max predicted for tomm and Sunday... Gonna be cold next to that water!

Nancy' date=' you going to join the Sat group? I need to go as I haven't met Mampara or Mrmed yet.

[/quote']

Hey PB! I'd love to join (and meet) the Cresta dudes, but I don't have the time to go all the way to Paulshof and back. I'm kinda limited to about 2 hours on a Saturday morning.

Anyway, will be riding alone if anyone changes their mind

Why not join us and ride with untill your time is up. We're going Albert's Farm first, atleast that is the plan. You should make it all the way to the foot of the powestation climb before you should turn back.

I might just do that, I have never done the Alberts Farm section before.. have found another ride buddy in the meantime, will run it past her!

Nancy' date=' you going to join the Sat group? I need to go as I haven't met Mampara or Mrmed yet.

[/quote']

Hey PB! I'd love to join (and meet) the Cresta dudes, but I don't have the time to go all the way to Paulshof and back. I'm kinda limited to about 2 hours on a Saturday morning.

Anyway, will be riding alone if anyone changes their mind

Why not join us and ride with untill your time is up. We're going Albert's Farm first, atleast that is the plan. You should make it all the way to the foot of the powestation climb before you should turn back.

I might just do that, I have never done the Alberts Farm section before.. have found another ride buddy in the meantime, will run it past her!

Nancy's bringing a hot friend. Double YAY. I'm actually going to the Military race tommorrow morning. Want to come with Mampara?

Eish, looks like I am not going to make it, for this morning's ride. Just got back from Olivedale clinic with my youngest one. Temp was at 41 degShocked. I have to insert these little bullets up his "O" every four hours, so I'm not getting much sleep.

KDEE, EB and friend, SP, Mrs A and friend... thanks for a lekker ride!! Sorry to have kept you waiting, it was my fault...as usual.

EB, respect on the see-sawsClap

To the guys that helped us with a bad chain suck, thanks. Never seen someone carry so many spares with them. You guys could be the spruit's recovery teamLOL

Sorry I missed this one. We had a friends' birthday party last night... I still can't see straight!!!! Dead

Echo what PB says, was a great introductory ride for me... Facts...

1. 7.30am is too flippen early to start in winter...

2. I didnt vomit anywhereLOL

3. When EB says its a slow pace, he means it only when you are coming back and he is tired..

4. Thank goodness I am too old to worry about how I look when I give the see saws a miss... its all in the mind sure, but at least Im home watching the Grand Prix and not in the casualty unit... A win in my book....

5. The hobos/homeless are still fast asleep/drugged up at that time of the morning

6. Lube your chain and take a chaintool with you, chain suck will make you want to cry, Slowpoke now knows this..Big%20smile

7. Nameless editor of a cycling magazine thought it was hilarious that 2 hub members were having a smoke whilst waiting for a bike to be repaired and of course will take a photo..

8. When riding next to a paved area, make sure your chain is still on the chainring when you attempt to cross onto the paving...Wink

9. The majority of cyclists on the spruit are friendly and helpful. NiceBig%20smile

10. Mugg and Bean makes great coffee and sarmies after a ride.

All in all, a great day out, thanks to all!Big%20smile

To the guys that helped us with a bad chain suck' date=' thanks. Never seen someone carry so many spares with them. You guys could be the spruit's recovery teamLOL
[/quote']

Fixing punctures, breaking and lubing chains is the limit of my technical knowledge. My deal is that I am happy to carry the tools as long as someone else knows how to use them.

I felt sorry for you. If I had not helped Slowpoke, she would have talked you to death before you could freeze to deathBig%20smile

PS Slowpoke - buy a sram quicklink and some lube.

I'm still waiting ,ever so patiently to pay the Spruit a visit. Maybe one of these days... I'm hoping. ...

I'm still waiting ' date='ever so patiently to pay the Spruit a visit. Maybe one of these days... I'm hoping. ... [/quote']

We will probably be riding the Spruit next Saturday 12 July, let me know if you want to join.

I'm still waiting ' date='ever so patiently to pay the Spruit a visit. Maybe one of these days... I'm hoping. ... [/quote']

We will probably be riding the Spruit next Saturday 12 July, let me know if you want to join.

thank you. yes, will let you know.

i've learnt my lesson - white lightning is not the best lube to use on my mtb (also, last time i lubed it was 15 june - so did a lekker dusty ride on 16th and poor bike has been collecting extra dust from my house alterations)