2019 Trek Madone SL6 disc vs 2021 Cannondale SystemSix

Conni

Good day everyone

Considering buying one of these Spec very similar from what i can see Ultegra groupset . Cannondale running 105 Cassette Trek Ultegra.

Price similar.

Took the Madone for a weekend and it was amazing cant do the same with Cannondale.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Edited by Conni

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read you can't beat treks frame for comfort. Plus I like how it looks.

I haven't ridden either, but I was hoping /thinking of buying this (or the SLR6) about a year ago

And if I'm picturing the correct cannondale when you turn there appears a gaping hole in the front end of the rather ungainly looking head tube.

i have the 2019 Trek SLR. its the most comfortable ride you will find.

only thing that might be better is a Parlee, but thats besides the point.

its a no brainer for me. 

i'd take the trek any time over the cannondale.

i also agree, go turn the steering on the cannondale and see the gaping hole that shows up - ugly.

Which is lighter and which one has the correct crankset. I know some of the top Treks came with a 50/34 crank which is a bit strange for a top end bike.

Which one makes you want to ride the most?

Which is lighter and which one has the correct crankset. I know some of the top Treks came with a 50/34 crank which is a bit strange for a top end bike.

Thatsbthe thing if i stand in front of one or the other i like that one the most????

Trek has 50/34 which is same as my emonda

Cannondale 52/36

Being a bigger guy i have only experienced 50/32

Edited by Conni

Thatsbthe thing if i stand in front of one or the other i like that one the most

Trek has 50/34 which is same as my emonda

Cannondale 52/36

Being a bigger guy i have only experienced 50/32

50/34 will be all you need.

spoken like a skinny man

spoken like a skinny man

LOL, I didn't specify but I was actually referring to the 50 big ring more than the 34 small. That will have you spinning like crazy downhill at 50km/h.

LOL, I didn't specify but I was actually referring to the 50 big ring more than the 34 small. That will have you spinning like crazy downhill at 50km/h.

if I'm doing 50, I'm not spinning  :D