2019 Trek Madone SL6 disc vs 2021 Cannondale SystemSix

Conni

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to Cannondales, you might be a tad biased though ????

Looked at ‘the tank’ I rented for the week and thought ‘or jinne, Sa Colabra is going to be a sufferfest’. Not a fan of aero bikes at all, it was definitely an experiment.

????

i race VA and keep mine on the softest setting possible and love the additional comfort.

so how do you know when you have an actual flat tire ?  :ph34r:

so how do you know when you have an actual flat tire ?  :ph34r:

2 reasons.

i weigh 68kgs and ride a medium frame

this means the seatpost is not very high out of the frame - hence there is less leverage on the isospeed. Running it soft is probably like heavier guys with higher posts running it in a more middle of the road setting.

They are the most awesome brand. 

i really wanted to like cannondale.

but after having my Flash Carbon MTB frame break twice (not break, the carbon on the stay popped out of a lug the first time, and the second it cracked near the seatpost).

Then my 6 month old bike under warranty was swapped out for a different colour frame - and i had no say in it.

so my blue seatpost, bars and white shock now looked awful strapped to a black frame.

NEVER AGAIN.

also you then have to reply on Omnico as agents and they are at best hopeless.

Edited by Furbz

i really wanted to like cannondale.

but after having my Flash Carbon MTB frame break twice (not break, the carbon on the stay popped out of a lug the first time, and the second it cracked near the seatpost).

Then my 6 month old bike under warranty was swapped out for a different colour frame - and i had no say in it.

so my blue seatpost, bars and white shock now looked awful strapped to a black frame.

NEVER AGAIN.

also you then have to reply on Omnico as agents and they are at best hopeless.

Thats bleak. I have only every had great service from Omnico. I only dabble in the road stuff though.

Thats bleak. I have only every had great service from Omnico. I only dabble in the road stuff though.

i'm sure i am an outlier in this regard.

i once sent my lefty into Omnico for a service to get the recall on the needle bearings done (V1 to V2)

it had to go back 3 times before they got it right and actually carried out the recall.

Have to say enjoyed the chats going on last couple of days. Seems of i made it q vote would not even be close. Seems like you see the madone now and then but Systemsix not at all?

Has to say something? Or everyone jumps ons the specialized train? Or then maybe everyone goes for the all around bike not the Aero bike

Good day everyone

Considering buying one of these Spec very similar from what i can see Ultegra groupset . Cannondale running 105 Cassette Trek Ultegra.

Price similar.

Took the Madone for a weekend and it was amazing cant do the same with Cannondale.

Any opinions?

Thanks

So what have you bought?

Its simple, both are good bikes, so buy the one you WANT most, the one that makes you want to ride it.

there he goes... being all adult and such on the Bikehub...

So what have you bought?

Havent bought anything enjoyed this Forum too much????????

But seems like its the trek i let shop know this afternoon.

I am also 1,83 tall so i fall inbetweem 56 and 58 has the 56 it fits great but need longer seatpost to make it perfect. Which can be done.

My Emonda is a 58 but obviously not as aggressive.

Spoke to mutiple bike fitters saying if you oj the edge go smaller size.

Any opinions on that?

Like i said to make 56 perfect need longer seatpost