Which Tablet or Notebook

Help.Me.

Hi all clever people, I need some advice please . In my line of business I use a hardcopy from the clients short term insurance contract when I do their annual renewals. I then do any changes as discussed on the hardcopy , I am looking at changing my procedure to do all of above on a Tablet/Notebook , ie "writing" on the screen with a S-Pen save the changes and after the meeting mail it directly to my office. One thing about the document that I save is that I must not be able to do any changes once its saved....obviously for "fraud" purposes......Please any advice/ideas are welcome.

Hi all clever people, I need some advice please . In my line of business I use a hardcopy from the clients short term insurance contract when I do their annual renewals. I then do any changes as discussed on the hardcopy , I am looking at changing my procedure to do all of above on a Tablet/Notebook , ie "writing" on the screen with a S-Pen save the changes and after the meeting mail it directly to my office. One thing about the document that I save is that I must not be able to do any changes once its saved....obviously for "fraud" purposes......Please any advice/ideas are welcome.

I use a Samsung A7 for my site and Client meetings (Architectural and Interior work).

The only reason I bought this is because my iPad died on me after a few years of loyal service, and the A7 was well speced for the price...I am on site with this climbing onto roof tops and who knows what else, so do not want to spend a fortune on the device.

It does unfortunately not function with an S-Pen, but a std stylist. I am using the ADONIT MARK pen, which has proven to be brilliant.

The app that I use to review and mark up the drawings and documents is XODO. This in combination with a keyboard app that accepts and reads your hand writing then converting to text in XODO allows you to really do alot with the device. 

When saving the marked up document, XODO offers you the option of "Flattening" the file, this is what I would recommend based on your criteria. At the same time you can email the document to your Client while with them for their records if you wish.

The A7 is a decent sized screen with good battery life and is light to handle. The processor is also on the mark as I am browsing through large drawing files and the lag is better than what I had with the iPad Pro.

You can digitally sign on Adobe with a trusted certificate and it shows if it’s edited afterwards.

THIS! :thumbup: 

@OP - This is less about the device and more about the software. You should invest in a proper document management tool that allows you to track an audit trail of adjustments.

Most of these tools will work on almost any device.

I often travel to get clients to sign off big software builds, and nothing says old school like pen and paper. Given that I sell future focussed software, I use Adobe with a basic ipad (like the cheapest one) and an apple pencil.

Done

THIS! :thumbup:

@OP - This is less about the device and more about the software. You should invest in a proper document management tool that allows you to track an audit trail of adjustments.

Most of these tools will work on almost any device.

I often travel to get clients to sign off big software builds, and nothing says old school like pen and paper. Given that I sell future focussed software, I use Adobe with a basic ipad (like the cheapest one) and an apple pencil.

Done

The apple pencil was high on my list of must haves when the iPad was still alive ... I just did not want to spend 2K on a pencil that I would use on site doing work for the office who did not contribute to my device to do work better on site.

The apple pencil was high on my list of must haves when the iPad was still alive ... I just did not want to spend 2K on a pencil that I would use on site doing work for the office who did not contribute to my device to do work better on site.

Wow - did not realise how pricey they were in SA.

In NZ they are around 70% of that price.

New Gen 2 is 3K, pick one up on gumtree for 1/2 that. Most peeps buy it and never use it, good offers out there. Generally go for about 100 dollars on Amazon US so Apple ZA are ripping us.

New Gen 2 is 3K, pick one up on gumtree for 1/2 that. Most peeps buy it and never use it, good offers out there. Generally go for about 100 dollars on Amazon US so Apple ZA are ripping us.

Rip us off they do .. I could buy 2 x Samsung A7's for the price of the touchscreen replacement they wanted to fix my iPad when it just stopped working ... and I babied that thing, so it was well looked after and never dropped or abused.