Marvel Bicycle Rack

Ryant

Hi Guys,

I am in the market for a new bicycle carrier and I came across this on CWC.

It looks very similar to the Thule Euroway G2 but at almost half the price.

Does anybody have any experience, comments or reviews it?

Thanks

post-58272-0-09457100-1613108084_thumb.png

Hi Guys,

Thanks

I bought the 4 bike one last year.

Took about an hour to assemble. Every part fits neatly.

I can put 4 bikes on without having bikes rub/scratch.

The towball clamp is not as refined as the Thule racks and it does not fit on a ball with a short collar (part between the ball and hitch body) . It fits well on a gooseneck type.

I'm also looking at the Marvel rack but was also thinking that maybe 2nd hand Thule may also be a option?

I don't own one but judging by the quality of all of their other products, its a cheaper alternative. 

If there is an option of good 2nd hand Thule, I wouldn't think twice about where I would prefer putting my bikes on.

I bought the 4 bike one last year.

Took about an hour to assemble. Every part fits neatly.

I can put 4 bikes on without having bikes rub/scratch.

The towball clamp is not as refined as the Thule racks and it does not fit on a ball with a short collar (part between the ball and hitch body) . It fits well on a gooseneck type.

Thanks for the input, appreciate it 

I don't own one but judging by the quality of all of their other products, its a cheaper alternative. 

If there is an option of good 2nd hand Thule, I wouldn't think twice about where I would prefer putting my bikes on.

I'm also looking at the Marvel rack but was also thinking that maybe 2nd hand Thule may also be a option?

Second hand would be a great option, but have not seen many second hand ones around

Yes if they do come up for sale they go quickly. But good to know from the feedback received that you have a decent alternative in the Marvel

Second hand would be a great option, but have not seen many second hand ones around

Hi Guys,

Thanks

I found the part that the tires rest on to be too narrow for 2.3+ tires. The bikes are never secure. The clamps that hold the frames aren’t great either. They do their job but the rubber pads are tiny and the metal rods can scratch frames.

The rack is quite heavy. Not ideal for women unless lifting weights before a ride is a must.

Didn’t fit properly on the towball of my KIA. It kept sagging. Bikes also never sat still. Bouncy!

It was returned and replaced with a Thule Velocompact. Night and day difference. Bikes are secure and I have no issues lifting and installing the rack by myself.

Save up a tad more for a Thule. You’ll be a lot happier.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the feedback.....

I managed to find and purchase a 2nd hand Thule Euroway 3 bike carrier from a fellow, friendly Hubber.

Used it for the first time on the wend, and even tho I cannot compare it with a Marvel or any other carrier, I am very happy with the Thule....does all it needs to do and seems to do it all very well and feels very solid and secure.