GCN+

Mntboy

if you're paying for dstv premium just for cycling content alone, then GCN+ is a nobrainer

At R359.99 for the year compared to R829/month - it’s not even comparable. Note: assume R829 is the single view price for premium. I remember being closer to R900 a few years back.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see on their support page, they mention I can use a browser? Anyone tried that?

My experience with the Eurosport app and a VPN was unsuccessful - I wonder if the GCN+ in a browser with a VPN will keep me happy in July?

The web browser option, from what I could see was for UK, Spain, Germany, and a few other EU countries. With the Eurosport player, I have to ask my brother to pay with his UK card as it won’t accept my Disco card.

The Tour is currently only shown as Highlights.

203d24fc3c86f542e70b7f42f54e4d54.jpg

I see on their support page, they mention I can use a browser? Anyone tried that?

My experience with the Eurosport app and a VPN was unsuccessful - I wonder if the GCN+ in a browser with a VPN will keep me happy in July?

Yes, browser work for me here in KL

Eurosport app require a VPN app + something like FakeGpsFree to spooth your location in that country as well 

Eurosport browser only require a VPN

This is the list of races available locally - looks like Grand Tours, Paris Roubaix and some stage races are highlights only, but it's actually quite a decent list!

https://help.globalcyclingnetwork.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015984360-South-Africa

Thanks, looks like will get full Giro but other 2 grand tour just highlights.

The UK package would give you all 3 live and on demand,  any opinions yet if a VPN will work to get it?

if you're paying for dstv premium just for cycling content alone, then GCN+ is a nobrainer

Part of the reason why I haven't gotten DSTV is that I would basically just be using it to watch sport (not just cycling). I just couldn't justify spending that much on something I wouldn't use often for a variety of reasons but GCN+'s additional content goes into things that peak my interest makes it an worthwhile investment imho.

Thanks, looks like will get full Giro but other 2 grand tour just highlights.

The UK package would give you all 3 live and on demand,  any opinions yet if a VPN will work to get it?

If I had to pick one of the grand tours, it'd be the Giro.

Classic start this weekend, and Omloop Het Nieuwsblad isn't on GCN. Not live, nor highlights. mmm

Yep, they mentioned on their You channel that they couldn't get the rights. Very difficult to get the rights to some races and Omloop seems to have been one of the most difficult to get.

I see Wout isn't riding, so very little reason for me to watch anyways. ;)

Edited by Vetplant

The web browser option, from what I could see was for UK, Spain, Germany, and a few other EU countries. With the Eurosport player, I have to ask my brother to pay with his UK card as it won’t accept my Disco card.

The Tour is currently only shown as Highlights.

203d24fc3c86f542e70b7f42f54e4d54.jpg

I watch on the browser no problem.No VPN

post-40998-0-42540400-1614064152_thumb.jpg

Just fyi. Dstv compact plus for R529 contains all of the variety channels so if all you want to watch is cycling then you don't have to pay for the full premium package.

Just fyi. Dstv compact plus for R529 contains all of the variety channels so if all you want to watch is cycling then you don't have to pay for the full premium package.

R6348 for 12 months...

Vs

R359 for 12 months...

Decisions, decisions.

Edit, fixed the GCN+ pricing

Edited by Vetplant