GCN+

Mntboy

Just fyi. Dstv compact plus for R529 contains all of the variety channels so if all you want to watch is cycling then you don't have to pay for the full premium package.

Let us know which channel has the UAE tour on it please .

GCN+ live coverage from 12.45pm today .

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R6348 for 12 months...

Vs

R359 for 12 months...

Decisions, decisions.

Edit, fixed the GCN+ pricing

Ok, perhaps I was misunderstood. I fully understand the difference in cost. What I was getting at is that you can subscribe to GCN+ for most of the cycling coverage and then in the months that say for example the tdf is on you can pay for that 1 month dstv compact plus instead of dstv premium to get the cycling coverage that is not on GCN.

Ok, perhaps I was misunderstood. I fully understand the difference in cost. What I was getting at is that you can subscribe to GCN+ for most of the cycling coverage and then in the months that say for example the tdf is on you can pay for that 1 month dstv compact plus instead of dstv premium to get the cycling coverage that is not on GCN.

That is a good suggestion ????

Let us know which channel has the UAE tour on it please .

GCN+ live coverage from 12.45pm today .

Sorry, I wasn't implying that the UAE tour was on dstv. Simply pointing out that if something is not covered on gcn and you really want to watch it you can get dstv compact plus for R529 instead of paying for the premium package. I think most people assume that the cycling is only part of the full premium package on dstv.

Sorry, I wasn't implying that the UAE tour was on dstv. Simply pointing out that if something is not covered on gcn and you really want to watch it you can get dstv compact plus for R529 instead of paying for the premium package. I think most people assume that the cycling is only part of the full premium package on dstv.

Would be keen to keep an eye on how DSTV approaches the TDF. They can always decide that it is a premium event and only broadcast it on one of the Premium channels.

Let's wait and see how they play it.

Would be keen to keep an eye on how DSTV approaches the TDF. They can always decide that it is a premium event and only broadcast it on one of the Premium channels.

Let's wait and see how they play it.

As far as I can remember it was on channel 206 variety 1 last year.

Omloop is NOT on SS:

Conor Dunne says they have secured the Rights for GCN+:

Omloop does show up on my GCN app as Live from 14h30...

So we are sorted then? Or is there a restriction on SA that I am missing?

post-27827-0-43481400-1614232917_thumb.png

Omloop is NOT on SS:

All good it seems  :thumbup:

edit: well in Asia at least, and yes I see it listed in my app already as well. So i guess you are good to go as well

Edited by Zatopek

For Omloop it shows Europe and Asia*

For Kuurne it shows All Territories

I’ll bet that fiver (rands) that we don’t see Omloop on Saturday. Have to give a coin away if I’m wrong.

b1deedadc38ee7f4704767cbe934cc2f.jpg

Omloop is NOT on SS:

GCN+ Slates us for highlights only....

GCN+ Slates us for highlights only....

Ja, I saw that mentioned previously on the list as well. Was hoping they solved some legal issues given that SS isn't broadccasting it.

I think the App might not be completely accurate, I suspect we will get an error message when we tune in on Saturday.

Fingers crossed that we can get full coverage.

Read my post above with the screenshots:

Omloop shows in Europe and Asia*

KNK shows All territories.

If Omloop was available in all territories except Aus, NZ and China, then it would say so.

So who, in SA is, watching on GCN+?
As I thought, it doesn't show All Territories, so isn't working.

I've moved over to Sporza.be (with a VPN) to watch - will deal with the Flemish commentary that is understandable providing their talking frequency and my listening frequency is aligned.