Fox Remote Shock and Fork Conversion

Rio 1_2

Hi all 

Im riding a Giant Trance 2 (2015) Dual Suspension 27.5. Fork and Shock are courtesy of Fox both with different dampers setting (CTD).

The Fork and Shock series are the Evolution series. I would like to convert them to be controlled with the Fox switch that will enable me to control through the cockpit than trying to manually do this during the ride.

Ive asked the rep at Omnico or rather my LBS did and the feedback given was it is possible but the price doesnt justify this change.

Please can someone assist or point me in the direction of someone that can. The fork ID is CSZ2, Im told that instead of doing the conversion i should buy a new fork and shock due to the changes of internals etc, Im sure this wont be cheap. 

Thanks in advance

It's going to require a damper unit change hence the economic umfeasibility. For the rear shock that means a new or 2nd hand DPS

The new Float DPS rear shocks and SC forks are convertible to remote lock outs

Rear shock will need an eyelet change, this houses the cam and spring assembly that changes the compression mode (looking at around 2000 here)

For is pretty simple but it needs a new interface ontop which also houses a spring assembly (around 700 incl labor)

This is only IF you can find them, that fork and shock are very very old, the shock shares many similarities with the modern dps and should be very easy to convert if you don't mind the cost.

The fork is another story, the evo dampers were discontinued before 2014 so the spares around are 2nd hand and scarce as hell.

If you're in gauteng call cogent industries, if you're in the western cape call stoke suspension, just bare in mind that the cost you were given by the lbs isn't far off what you are going to have to pay