A bike to replace MrNyati's stolen Scott?

BuffsVintageBikes

Let's make this forum work for a greater cause. Is there anyway in the Randburg area that's willing to run a fund to gather money for this family so they can replace their stolen MTB? I'm willing to start with a R500 donation to get her husband mobile again. Admin, maybe you can assist here with the fund?

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/188228-stolen-scott-innovation-technology-bike/?do=findComment&comment=3772268

Mod Edit to include bank details:

Thank you all for the feedback and commitment to contributions  :clap:

I'm pretty sure we can make this work and change a families circumstances so they can believe in humanity again  :thumbup:

I'm willing to do the fund collection and liaise with Linden Cycles. Can we set a deadline for any donations for Friday evening 8pm and then I'll take it from there? I'll keep everything as transparent as possible and post a list of all the donations on this thread. Please PM or email me if you'd like to remain anonymous.

Please don't feel compelled to donate but do realise in situation like this, even a very small donation makes a difference to the collective pool.

My email address is Buff@absamail.co.za

Banking details:

ABSA

BB PARISH

Cheque Acc

Acc no. 711063528

Branch code: 632005

Please use Nyati and your forum name as reference and send confirmation to my email address

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's make this forum work for a greater cause. Is there anyway in the Randburg area that's willing to run a fund to gather money for this family so they can replace their stolen MTB? I'm willing to start with a R500 donation to get her husband mobile again. Admin, maybe you can assist here with the fund?

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/188228-stolen-scott-innovation-technology-bike/?do=findComment&comment=3772268

I will contribute R200.

Just a suggestion, your idea, you run with it. Collect the cash into your account, take email add. of donors. Get in touch with Joneen at Linden Cycles, one of the nicest people in the bike game and she will find the guy a bike, he can collect from the shop after you have transferred the cash. Joneen (sp) can email us with a pic of the guy on his bike. I'm sure she can assist with a 2nd hand suitable.

Edited by Plentipotential

I've got no problems running with that, I thought it would just be easier for someone up north. The bike doesn't need to be new either. Depending on the amount contributed, we could even buy a good secondhand unit from someone on BikeHub, that way more than one family benefits.

I'm not in Jhb at the moment so can't handle the logistics but am in for R500 as well..

ps. I like the Linden cycles idea. Not to far from Bromhof and good people.

I like this very much.

Drop me in for a couple of rands. Money is tight at the moment and we cant do much, but every little helps.

Please put in your bank details, so we can send the money.