A bike to replace MrNyati's stolen Scott?

BuffsVintageBikes

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guys, I'm also in for R250 come payday. If you need any help with logistics or if you want me to chat to Jonene from Linden about helping out with a nice bike deal, I am happy to help... just drop me a pm. 

Do we know bike size etc so far? 

Awesome guys, I'm also in for R250 come payday. If you need any help with logistics or if you want me to chat to Jonene from Linden about helping out with a nice bike deal, I am happy to help... just drop me a pm. 

Do we know bike size etc so far? 

Hi Andrew, I was about to call Jonene and discuss this but I feel a one on one meeting will be so much more personal and beneficial so if you are able to do this it would be much appreciated. Please drop me a whatsapp and we can discuss it. My number is 072six07three477.

I've chatted to MrsNyati and they had just bought the bike from their landlords son so they have quite a steep outstanding debt of R5500 to settle.

My thought is that we chat to Jonene, see what bike is available as a suitable replacement within our budget (it's a commuter), get it insured for a year, maybe buy a helmet and gloves and then pay the family the balance to assist in settling their current bike debt. Please let me know how you all feel about this arrangement.

She mentioned that her husband has no idea this is happening, she's kept it from him for it to be a surprise so I'm sure he's going to be blown away with all the generosity shown here. She also said he'd be able to pop into Linden Cycles once we've arranged everything so maybe they can do a bike fitting for him on site to ensure the correct size?

Just a reminder that the fund raiser is closing this evening at 8pm so if anyone else would like to contribute then please make the deposit today so I can consolidate everything over the weekend :thumbup:

Andrew has kindly offered to pop into Linden and chat to Jonene personally. MrNyati is around 165cm tall so I'm thinking a Small 29er will be the perfect size for him (his stolen Scott appreared to be a Small as well).

Thanks again everyone, this is going to be special :clap:

I've chatted to MrsNyati and they had just bought the bike from their landlords son so they have quite a steep outstanding debt of R5500 to settle.

My thought is that we chat to Jonene, see what bike is available as a suitable replacement within our budget (it's a commuter), get it insured for a year, maybe buy a helmet and gloves and then pay the family the balance to assist in settling their current bike debt. Please let me know how you all feel about this arrangement.

As a contributor, I am happy with this arrangement.

Edited by eddy

Morning all... so are you all ready for this??? Total amount cleared so far = R12 500 ... and more to come I'm sure as ABSA is on a go slow on payday week.

How freaking awesome is that? Thank you all so much for your contributions to this cause, this will allow us to replace the bicycle and possibly do a bit more as well. You're all Rock Stars :clap: :clap: :clap:

You did a great job Buff. Well played.

Are you guys ready for this? It's huge and you have all renewed my faith in humanity. 

Thank you ALL very much, you have honestly all made a difference in a family's life today :clap:

The power of a collective just blows my mind every time I experience it and it does so much good.

May there come a time in your own lives when you are all blessed enough to be on the receiving end of such generosity :thumbup:

Here's a breakdown of all donations received. If I've left anyone out, please PM message me so I can double check my statement but as of a few minutes ago, this is what's cleared in my account:

Nyati Bicycle Fund Raiser   Buff 500 Eddy 500 TheoG 500 FONDTF2 250 Annon 500 Patch 500 ZEBRA 200 AdamA 300 ChrisF 500 Cappi 300 Annon 200 BIKEALOT 100 Schalkvan 750 Annon 500 FROSTBITE 500 TOMIK 250 NixM 1000 Edge-Design 1000 MATT 300 NICKGM 400 Myprodoll 500 Red Robin 350 DARKO 500 Djuice 400 Annon 500 Hopefield 300 Annon  500 BUTTERBEAN 300 CHAINSAW 250 LeChatnoir 300 WHUYU 200 MUTTLEY 1000 Annon 200 justbrowsing 500 BigDL 1000 amr63 250 ASTEER 250 Bomberman 350 Annon 500 Total 17200

Yup, you read that right... R17 200 :clap: :clap: :clap:  Mind blown ^_^