A bike to replace MrNyati's stolen Scott?

BuffsVintageBikes

As a contributor.

Are we sure if  Mr Nyati had a choice he would want a R12 000 bicycle ?

Knowing how much people are struggling, would a more sensible plan not be to :

a) pay off his stolen bike loan;

b) buy a sensible (possibly road bike) to commute on; and

c) give him the balance in cash to spend on school fees, groceries, etc.

I'd be happy for my contribution to go that way.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a contributor.

Are we sure if Mr Nyati had a choice he would want a R12 000 bicycle ?

Knowing how much people are struggling, would a more sensible plan not be to :

a) pay off his stolen bike loan;

b) buy a sensible (possibly road bike) to commute on; and

c) give him the balance in cash to spend on school fees, groceries, etc.

I'd be happy for my contribution to go that way.

+1 for this

Or ask Mrs Nyati

I chatted to MrsNyati about this last week and although her husband bought the bike as a commuter, he's really enjoying the cycling and even started riding recreationally on his bike. He just hasn't had the chance to join a cycling group yet. So a straight out commuter bike might not be the best solution in this instance.

If you want it - I am sure we can arrange postage/courier to you Buff.

Heck I will cover it myself if you want it.

I'm in CT so I can chat to Crown and get them to courier the bike up to Andrew and then he can arrange the handover :thumbup: 

However, finding a bike up North would mean a R500 saving on courier fees so that's first prize at the moment. If anyone has a contact at a bike shop up there, please make a call  :thumbup:

So far Linden and Cyclelab are out of stock.

I chatted to MrsNyati about this last week and although her husband bought the bike as a commuter, he's really enjoying the cycling and even started riding recreationally on his bike. He just hasn't had the chance to join a cycling group yet. So a straight out commuter bike might not be the best solution in this instance.

Seems you have this well in hand.  :thumbup:

well done all, and thank you to Buff & Andrew for progressing this. It may be worth looking at 26" bikes in size S since the wheel size is more in keeping with the overall geometry, unless spares & tyres could become an issue going forward (I don't know enough about this aspect to offer anything more than a suggestion).

I'm in CT so I can chat to Crown and get them to courier the bike up to Andrew and then he can arrange the handover :thumbup:

However, finding a bike up North would mean a R500 saving on courier fees so that's first prize at the moment. If anyone has a contact at a bike shop up there, please make a call :thumbup:

Try Josh at Cyclest workshops he has a New Momsen AL129 Small can maybe work a deal 073 261 7483

https://cyclistsworkshop.co.za/product/brand-new-momsen-al129-alloy-small-29er/

Get your mind out of the gutter Patchy ...   :whistling:  :D

Au contraire, its seems you are the dirty minded one.

My comment had less to do with phallic size, but rather the tantrums the Hub has seen over the years by 26er die hards who (much like rim brakers) simply dismiss the the merits of 29ers to that of big business marketing departments looking to screw their own customers over. 

Au contraire, its seems you are the dirty minded one.

My comment had less to do with phallic size, but rather the tantrums the Hub has seen over the years by 26er die hards who (much like rim brakers) simply dismiss the the merits of 29ers to that of big business marketing departments looking to screw their own customers over. 

Oops, sorry totally got that one wrong  :blush: .

I have both (26 & 29) decent bikes, given a choice though, I will always chose the 29 first for a ride, although absolutely nothing wrong with the 26, matter of personal preference.

However, finding a bike up North would mean a R500 saving on courier fees so that's first prize at the moment. If anyone has a contact at a bike shop up there, please make a call  :thumbup:

I will pay the R500 to cover courier.

Will send POP when back at my desk.

Good day all hope everyone is well , I just wanted to say thank you very much for all your help and the kind hearts you all have, I didn't know that people like you guys still exist, the love that you have shown our family is truly remarkable and may God grant you all your heart desires you have truly been our light in darkness and please don't stop with us continue doing the good works giving people hope.. There is one thing that I would like to ask though from the message that Eddy sent, it is a good idea to buy a cheaper bike that he can use and the rest of the money will help us to pay off the old bike, buy groceries and probably some baby stuff because to be truly open with you things haven't been good so far and this money will help us in many ways, thank you very much once again and may God continue blessing you so that you keep helping more people this world needs people who are kind like you guys, I was really amazed and i'm sure Mr Nyathi will also be surprised as I have been keeping this whole thing as a secret to him.