A bike to replace MrNyati's stolen Scott?

BuffsVintageBikes

Thanks all for the feedback. Andrew and I have chatted after reading MrsNyati's feedback and have come to a decision which we'll share a little later in the week :thumbup:  Rest assured that we're taking the families best interests at heart and they'll be blessed out their socks :clap: 

Talking of socks, how about Versus making sock donation to the cause? Wonder if they do kiddies socks? :thumbup: ^_^ ^_^  ^_^ 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug darnit, I missed the contribution deadline  :cursing:. But wait, Buff, Andrew, I have a suggestion: 

Lets build him one! I have about 90% of the parts including a S frame. The frame is currently sprayed white but I suggest getting it powder coated (I have done this with 3 bikes before) and then I can assemble it afterwards. We can even make some lekker decals if needed / wanted. I am sure we can easily get the parts needed to finish it off and then take a large chunk of the raised funds to pay over to them. 

I am based in PTA which is not too far from Randburg so I don't mind driving through to meet up. I mean lets take stock of what I've got quickly: 

• Frame (26er S frame) - check
  • Handlebar - check
  • Stem - check
  • Drivetrain, crank, cassette, chain ring, rear mech, shifter - check
  • Hoops - check
  • Hubs - check
  • Spokes - check
  • Nipples - check
  • Grips - check
  • Saddle - check
  • Seat post - check
  • Fork - check

What will be needed: 

• Headset bearings - R149.00 at Solomons
  • Pedals - R149.00 at Sportsmans Warehouse
  • Brakes
  • Wheel build - I can do it but I'm not the best, this may lead to new spokes and or nipples
  • Chain - I have chains but new will be better
  • BB

Let's chat  :thumbup:

Thanks all for the feedback. Andrew and I have chatted after reading MrsNyati's feedback and have come to a decision which we'll share a little later in the week :thumbup:  Rest assured that we're taking the families best interests at heart and they'll be blessed out their socks :clap:

Talking of socks, how about Versus making sock donation to the cause? Wonder if they do kiddies socks? :thumbup: ^_^ ^_^  ^_^

Thanks to you guys for arranging all of this. So cool to watch it unfold. 

Socks... it may not be Versus but we have a load of Bike Hub socks we can offer. No kiddies sizes unfortunately, but we've got 4-7 and 8-11. Do we know Mr Nyati's t-shirt size?

I'd be happy to send some up to them directly or perhaps to Andrew? 

Can we just confirm the sock length before we do unnecessary damage.

The only socks for cycling in warm weather are secret socks - Everyone knows that 

Hi guys,

Is the account for donations still open?

The donations closed on Fri but it hasn't stopped you awesome peeps from continueing with the blessing. We received an additional R2750 yesterday so why stop now? ^_^  That's taken the total to just over R20K :eek:

If you feel led to bless this family then please continue to do so, whatever comes in later I'll just add to the list and deposit it directly into their account over the weekend.

Thanks RobertWhitehead for your suggestion on the bike build but we're sticking with our decision for now on the Apex 29er, just as long as they still have stock and will be able to arrange insurance :thumbup:

Thanks Matt for the kind offer of the socks & shirt, please chat to Andrew about delivery, maybe he can combine it with the bike handover  :thumbup:  MrNyati is 165cm tall so I'm guessing a Medium shirt is a safe bet, unless he's sporting a beer boep like me  ^_^ 

Gees guys, what you have done here is truly humbling. I'm sorry if I keep on saying it but I really am blown away. It's so refreshing to see the care shown for this family in these trying times, thank you all very much.

R20k ...   :clap:  :thumbup:

Apex 29er?  Are you talking about the "Scott Aspect 950" or did I miss a post somewhere?

Where are the wholesalers/retailers in all of this? Surely there is someone with a small 29er looking for a home that they can pass on at cost. The PR value will be huge and it shouldn't cost a cent - I'm sure we can get News24 to write a feel good article about it.

Where are the wholesalers/retailers in all of this? Surely there is someone with a small 29er looking for a home that they can pass on at cost. The PR value will be huge and it shouldn't cost a cent - I'm sure we can get News24 to write a feel good article about it.

One word ..... stock ........

Hi all, we got the ball rolling this morning with the settlement of the Nyati's outstanding debt of R5500 with their landlord for the bike that was stolen.

Here's a "snapshot" of POP. If anyone would has contributued would like to see the full POP, please drop me your email address and I will forward it on to you :thumbup:

Andrew is still on the hunt for a bike... they're getting sold before he can buy one :wacko:

post-39501-0-59476200-1614773123_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the effort Buff & Andrew.  I saw the bikes are going like hot cakes ...  :eek: .

Look like a major problem on part stock also, I destroyed my front rim this morning, it was a battle to get a replacement.