A bike to replace MrNyati's stolen Scott?

BuffsVintageBikes

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone I would like to say thank you again for all your hard work and contributions...today the debt was wiped off from the stolen bike and we wouldn't have done it with out you....i would also like to thank Brett and Andrew who are always keeping me in the loop i appreciate your efforts so much..i also appreciate everyone who is trying and working hard to find the perfect bike....thank you so much.

Thanks to you guys for arranging all of this. So cool to watch it unfold.

Socks... it may not be Versus but we have a load of Bike Hub socks we can offer. No kiddies sizes unfortunately, but we've got 4-7 and 8-11. Do we know Mr Nyati's t-shirt size?

I'd be happy to send some up to them directly or perhaps to Andrew?

socks? where, what, how?

I am sure someone has asked - but do Rapide not have a frame available ?

I see the adds.... has someone reached out ?

Thanks to you guys for arranging all of this. So cool to watch it unfold. 

Socks... it may not be Versus but we have a load of Bike Hub socks we can offer. No kiddies sizes unfortunately, but we've got 4-7 and 8-11. Do we know Mr Nyati's t-shirt size?

I'd be happy to send some up to them directly or perhaps to Andrew? 

how do we as hubbers get to buy hub socks or hub tops?

Late to the party... :(

Can get both Avalanche and Giant at dealership prices + VAT so happy to help out if that's an option. Stock is the challenge but might be in luck. 

If you would prefer to chat direct to the distributor then I am also happy to make the introduction and leave it with you ..and I would suggest asking them to come on board with a deal + accessories or something like that. Well worth the PR and positive message in these very strange times. 

Edited by Griffin

Late to the party... :(

Can get both Avalanche and Giant at dealership prices + VAT so happy to help out if that's an option. Stock is the challenge but might be in luck. 

If you would prefer to chat direct to the distributor then I am also happy to make the introduction and leave it with you ..and I would suggest asking them to come on board with a deal + accessories or something like that. Well worth the PR and positive message in these very strange times. 

Stock is the big challenge... but please try if you can. I have also reached out to a friend at Dragons this morning to see if he can maybe source one. Can't believe the challenge this has proven. If we don't find something today in Gauteng, will definitely look at the out of town options...

Heck, I'm even starting to wonder if my wife will notice if hers goes missing :)

@Andrew, did you see this one?

https://bikemarket.co.za/shop/bicycles/mountain-bikes/new-signal-s940-s-bmn29/

In Gauteng, look in good condition, maybe price a bit high?

Yeah Theo, we're aiming for around the R4-6k mark now.

Two reasons, first we don't want him being an obvious target again which a fancier bike will bring, the insurance is also a challenging thing we're still not sure on how to solve.

Secondly, the families' needs trump a fancier bike at this stage... we all obviously love our bikes and it would be great to get him a lekker one, but his needs are largely commuting which we will tick off, and then looking after his little family.

Having just spoken with Ricky, I just want to thank everyone again - he's incredibly grateful and we've done a special thing here

My offer still stands, I am more than willing to do the leg work on my end to have the frame which I have here powder coated and then assemble it for them. I have tried to upload some kiekies but the bloody files remain too big.

IMO, the original spray job is done quite well. It is just a white frame so that may not appeal to everyone. We can have decals made as well. 

Basically all I would want is the money for the parts and or the powder coating if it comes to that. If it's going to be more than R4k then that's a lot

My offer still stands, I am more than willing to do the leg work on my end to have the frame which I have here powder coated and then assemble it for them. I have tried to upload some kiekies but the bloody files remain too big.

IMO, the original spray job is done quite well. It is just a white frame so that may not appeal to everyone. We can have decals made as well. 

Basically all I would want is the money for the parts and or the powder coating if it comes to that. If it's going to be more than R4k then that's a lot

Rob, you are a squire and a gentlemen - hub really has some great people on it. It does look like we have a solid option lined up now, we're just finalizing a few things - but happily, I think we're there! 

I like the idea to still give him a decent bike for ~R4k.

Lets see what Andrew managed to get on such a low budget, holding thumbs for something half decent.

Edited by TheoG

Ive also missed the bus on this one, but, I'll insure it for 12 months on my policy. No charge to the fund, its my contribution. 

My insurers will cover the bike, at his address, his details etc, on my policy. 

PM me with the finer details please. 

Happy friday!