A bike to replace MrNyati's stolen Scott?

BuffsVintageBikes

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is that editor of a cycling magazine ...... can he possibly run a little segment on this and give Andrew, Anatomic Cycle Wear, Steer, Cycle Lab and Bikehub some exposure ?

And I leave out Buff, only 1000 post paid up hub members get access to his sales.

Where is that editor of a cycling magazine ...... can he possibly run a little segment on this and give Andrew, Anatomic Cycle Wear, Steer, Cycle Lab and Bikehub some exposure ?

And I leave out Buff, only 1000 post paid up hub members get access to his sales.

I sent it to him. Ride24 branch from News24. He hasn't responded Edited by Meezo

Morning all,

Just to wrap the finance portion of this thread up, here's the final amounts. Please let me know if you've donated and I've left you out. Total amount raised was R20 800 :clap:

Of that amount, their existing debt to their landlord for the stolen bike was settled (R5500), their deposit on a new home was secured (R4500), bike parts & lights (on the way to them) were purchased (R1400), the Silverback was donated by Cyclelab (bloody Legends) and the balance of R9400 has just been paid to the Nyathi's as a cash blessing.

How totally freaking amazing, my teeth are getting cold from smiling at this amazing gesture from all involved.

If anyone requires bank transfer confirmations, please feel free to contact me :thumbup:

Nyati Bicycle Fund Raiser   Buff 500 Eddy 500 TheoG 500 FONDTF2 250 Annon 500 Patch 500 ZEBRA 200 AdamA 300 ChrisF 500 Cappi 300 Annon 200 BIKEALOT 100 Schalkvan 750 Annon 500 FROSTBITE 500 TOMIK 250 NixM 1000 Edge-Design 1000 MATT 300 NICKGM 400 Myprodoll 500 Red Robin 350 DARKO 500 Djuice 400 Annon 500 Hopefield 300 Annon  500 BUTTERBEAN 300 CHAINSAW 250 LeChatnoir 300 (annon) 200 MUTTLEY 1000 Annon 200 justbrowsing 500 BigDL 1000 amr63 250 ASTEER 250 Bomberman 350 Annon 500 SCARY RIDER  300 Showtime 2000 MAZAMBAAN 750 MirageF1 250 Pusher  300     Total 20800

Thanks to you guys for arranging all of this. So cool to watch it unfold. 

Socks... it may not be Versus but we have a load of Bike Hub socks we can offer. No kiddies sizes unfortunately, but we've got 4-7 and 8-11. Do we know Mr Nyati's t-shirt size?

I'd be happy to send some up to them directly or perhaps to Andrew? 

You got socks?!

Morning all,

Just to wrap the finance portion of this thread up, here's the final amounts. Please let me know if you've donated and I've left you out. Total amount raised was R20 800 :clap:

Of that amount, their existing debt to their landlord for the stolen bike was settled (R5500), their deposit on a new home was secured (R4500), bike parts & lights (on the way to them) were purchased (R1400), the Silverback was donated by Cyclelab (bloody Legends) and the balance of R9400 has just been paid to the Nyathi's as a cash blessing.

How totally freaking amazing, my teeth are getting cold from smiling at this amazing gesture from all involved.

If anyone requires bank transfer confirmations, please feel free to contact me :thumbup:

Nyati Bicycle Fund Raiser   Buff 500 Eddy 500 TheoG 500 FONDTF2 250 Annon 500 Patch 500 ZEBRA 200 AdamA 300 ChrisF 500 Cappi 300 Annon 200 BIKEALOT 100 Schalkvan 750 Annon 500 FROSTBITE 500 TOMIK 250 NixM 1000 Edge-Design 1000 MATT 300 NICKGM 400 Myprodoll 500 Red Robin 350 DARKO 500 Djuice 400 Annon 500 Hopefield 300 Annon  500 BUTTERBEAN 300 CHAINSAW 250 LeChatnoir 300 (annon) 200 MUTTLEY 1000 Annon 200 justbrowsing 500 BigDL 1000 amr63 250 ASTEER 250 Bomberman 350 Annon 500 SCARY RIDER  300 Showtime 2000 MAZAMBAAN 750 MirageF1 250 Pusher  300     Total 20800

well done to every single person involved.

Good day everyone may Cois make a complete recovery,and thank you so much to everyone who showed us love and kindness.Brett sent us the cash blessing which was more than then what we dreamt of.thank you to every who contributed and may all your dreams come true.Thank you to Martin for the insurance.Thank you to Andrew for being such an incredible human being he took good care for of us on Saturday.Thank you to Brett for being the driving force and Matt we appreciate you.Thank you to cycle lab for an amazing experience and their Bkindness.Bike hub thank you so much.shoooo thank you everyone you guys are angels and we promise to use our blessing wisely and also pay it forward.thank you to the Annon contributors too we might not know who u are but we appreciate you..everyone in this group is incredible..

• 2 months later...

Just a small follow up...

Got a call from Ricky last week and everything is going really well with the Nyathi clan. Ricky is loving his bike and putting in many good miles - even riding socially when he can. Queen has also found work, so things certainly on the up for them. They've been really busy, but just wanted tore-iterate their thanks to us all. Was really great to hear from them I must say.

We did a really good thing here as a community - real change, for real people, in the most challenging of times.

• 7 months later...

Just an update from Queen, they are all doing great and Ricky is still riding up a storm on his bike. Have been chatting to Martin (who sponsored his insurance for the bike for the year) and I want to push on the cover for another year just to make sure he's safe out there... maybe if all goes well he won't even be commuting in a years time.
I've told Martin he has done more than his share already, so if anyone else wants to chip in with me towards covering the insurance for the year, just drop me a pm. We're going to keep it on Martins insurance for simplicity, but I will just transfer a lump sum to him for the year at the end of Feb

Thanks again everyone

43 minutes ago, Andrew Steer said:

Just an update from Queen, they are all doing great and Ricky is still riding up a storm on his bike. Have been chatting to Martin (who sponsored his insurance for the bike for the year) and I want to push on the cover for another year just to make sure he's safe out there... maybe if all goes well he won't even be commuting in a years time.
I've told Martin he has done more than his share already, so if anyone else wants to chip in with me towards covering the insurance for the year, just drop me a pm. We're going to keep it on Martins insurance for simplicity, but I will just transfer a lump sum to him for the year at the end of Feb

Thanks again everyone

I am sure the insurance cost will be less than R50pm or am I under estimating? I can also add a contribution once we're through Janu-worry 😁

2 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I am sure the insurance cost will be less than R50pm or am I under estimating? I can also add a contribution once we're through Janu-worry 😁

Thanks guys, it won't be a lot... probably R1000 for the year at most from the look of it (it's currently just under R80 a month), so between a few of us it really doesn't break the bank. R250 x 4 at this stage...