A bike to replace MrNyati's stolen Scott?

BuffsVintageBikes

The bike is insured for replacement value at R8 500 and its R73.50 a month based on the residential address. 

So with all things being equal that insurance companies take their usual annual increases, it'll work out to about 80 bucks per month. 

Like Andrew said, we'll keep it on my policy for simplicity. 

If anyone can insure it cheaper, then let me know and we can transfer the details to the next insurance group. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone, I think that has it all covered... I'll collect the funds and then transfer to Martin once it's all in. No big rush, we have some time...

9 hours ago, 117 said:

The bike is insured for replacement value at R8 500 and its R73.50 a month based on the residential address. 

So with all things being equal that insurance companies take their usual annual increases, it'll work out to about 80 bucks per month. 

Like Andrew said, we'll keep it on my policy for simplicity. 

If anyone can insure it cheaper, then let me know and we can transfer the details to the next insurance group. 

I’m happy to cover the whole amount for the year or a part thereof if it’s not too late 

Edited by BigDL

8 hours ago, BigDL said:

I’m happy to cover the whole amount for the year or a part thereof if it’s not too late 

Thanks BidDL, we are sorted for the year ahead though - can maybe revisit this again down the line depending on how things go...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Topic revival: 

The anniversary for the insurance renewal is coming up now at the end of March. I am in a process of reducing my footprint and reliance on insurance companies and by such, I will not be renewing the insurance on the bike for Mr Nyati again after the end of this month. 

Is there anyone that wants to take over the responsibility of the costs onto their policy? Or, is it time to accept that the bike is no longer new anymore and might not be worth it to insure any longer (ie: a replacement if stolen could be better sourced)

@Andrew Steer can give the additional details if needed

Thanks guys