100km plus GPX routes near Gauteng

Charity85

Good day

Anyone willing to share safe 100km plus MTB GPX routes it will be greatly appreciated. Already have a bunch from the cradle to Magalies but if there are any other interesting routes to share please drop me a pm.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Charity85

I used to ride a route from Lanseria out west of Kalkheuwel to van Gaalens/Harties - tight and rocky singletrack, and Eric van Gaalen briefly had an enduro style track up over the ridge - if thats the sort of thing you're looking for. We frequently found Eland, Sable and Secretary birds out on those ridges.

Other decent routes are Pecanwood to Breedt's (and on to Buffelspoort dam) on district road, Magaliesburg out towards Koster (also district), and Midvaal out towards Suikerboschrand and further south (mix of road and singletrack). 

Let me know what area you're trying to ride in and I'll see what I can dig up.

Edited by 100Tours

Check out DOC moutainbiking on facebook, they do routes from Rietvlei towards the vaal.

The guys from bicycle line also does longish rides from their shop, look for Craig Khoury on strava

Edited by Dexter-morgan

I used to ride a route from Lanseria out west of Kalkheuwel to van Gaalens/Harties - tight and rocky singletrack, and Eric van Gaalen briefly had an enduro style track up over the ridge - if thats the sort of thing you're looking for. We frequently found Eland, Sable and Secretary birds out on those ridges.

Other decent routes are Pecanwood to Breedt's (and on to Buffelspoort dam) on district road, Magaliesburg out towards Koster (also district), and Midvaal out towards Suikerboschrand and further south (mix of road and singletrack). 

Let me know what area you're trying to ride in and I'll see what I can 

Dropped you a PM interested in all those routes. I like to mix it up

Edited by Charity85

Feel free to follow me on Strava as well. I know and have ridden a lot of routes from PTA East towards Legends, Oxbow, Bronkhorstpruit Dam, Cullinan, Loskop, Dullstroom, Tonteldoos. 

• 8 months later...
On 2/23/2021 at 10:45 AM, Charity85 said:

Good day

Anyone willing to share safe 100km plus MTB GPX routes it will be greatly appreciated. Already have a bunch from the cradle to Magalies but if there are any other interesting routes to share please drop me a pm.

Thanks in advance

Reviving an old thread, any interesting routes in gauteng would be much appreciated. Looking at exploring a bit this December.