Scammed

Cycling club

Neilbarnard from randfontien in gueteng

Scammed me for 8k not answering my calls blocked me on watsap says he couriered but no tracking information ot reference number

This is his number 067 987 4404

Edited by Cycling club

Neilbarnard

Scammed me for 8k not answering my calls blocked me on watsap says he couriered but no tracking information ot reference number

Was this through the hub? Did he not want to use BIkehub pay?

Neilbarnard

As above, please share some more info. Did he contact you via a Bike Hub ad? 

How can you call someone a scammer if you are the one who arranged the collection through the courier company ? Surely then you as the buyer would have had the opportunity for insurance and you would have been provided with the tracking number. If you arranged courier then before calling someone a scammer you should have contacted the couriers first. You arranged the collection.

How can you call someone a scammer if you are the one who arranged the collection through the courier company ? Surely then you as the buyer would have had the opportunity for insurance and you would have been provided with the tracking number. If you arranged courier then before calling someone a scammer you should have contacted the couriers first. You arranged the collection.

Huh. Unless something was removed from this thread, I cannot see where he said that he arranged the courier.

Even if he did, how does that prevent him from being scammed?

Where did he say he arranged the courier? Read again!

He says the buyer said he had couriered the item, but had not provided a tracking number, then blocked all whatsapp communication!

As there is no package delivered on a waybill tracking number provided so the buyer can trace with the courier company and as the seller has now blocked whatsapp and disappeared, the OP very much has the right to allege this person to be a scammer.

I suggest your re read what was written by the OP and understand the basics, else perhaps you know something else when you state the OP arranged the courier. If so povide more info.

Edited by shaper

You didn't read his post bru.   :oops: 

....Bloody duathletes...  :P 

Edited by Cunning-Stunt

Okay. I would keep myself out of this as I clearly know the least here. Maybe just call the courier and give your address. Then maybe they can trace the package.

Okay. I would keep myself out of this as I clearly know the least here. Maybe just call the courier and give your address. Then maybe they can trace the package.

Dude...

Did you actually read the original post..? Or are you just a TROLL looking for attention here..?

Also can you share more info perhaps? What was he selling? what was his MO?

He was selling a scott cr1

He has deleted his account from the hub aswell

I said I will arrange courier but he insisted on him sorting it out

He was selling a scott cr1

He has deleted his account from the hub aswell

I said I will arrange courier but he insisted on him sorting it out

And you paid without seeing the bike and trusting a complete stranger on the other end of WhatsApp..? Was it FB or The Hub..?

OP, I am very sorry for your loss.

You have his cell number, you have his banking details.

We have great laws in this country, RICA and FICA which are designed to stop just this kinda crookery. Which goes to show that the laws are useless when there is nobody to enforce them.

Still, I suggest that you lodge a fraud case with SAPS. They have the ability to get a court order to get the network to provide tracking data on the whereabouts of the phone, which will lead them to its owner. It will be like getting pigs to fly though.

But, do take the case number to the fraud dept of his bank, and report your story to them. Ask them to have the account flagged by the Financial Intelligence Centre. The bank know the identity of the account holder. Between cops, bank, cellphone network, it should not be hard to locate this piece of scum.

All of which of course only applies in a system where the police are no now more than a rubber stamp for the insurance industry.

Rant over. Sorry.

OP, I am very sorry for your loss.

You have his cell number, you have his banking details.

We have great laws in this country, RICA and FICA which are designed to stop just this kinda crookery. Which goes to show that the laws are useless when there is nobody to enforce them.

Still, I suggest that you lodge a fraud case with SAPS. They have the ability to get a court order to get the network to provide tracking data on the whereabouts of the phone, which will lead them to its owner. It will be like getting pigs to fly though.

But, do take the case number to the fraud dept of his bank, and report your story to them. Ask them to have the account flagged by the Financial Intelligence Centre. The bank know the identity of the account holder. Between cops, bank, cellphone network, it should not be hard to locate this piece of scum.

All of which of course only applies in a system where the police are no now more than a rubber stamp for the insurance industry.

Rant over. Sorry.

Sorry but that doesn't work, that's why scamming has become a job for many people. SAPS do nothing... I speak from experience