Bike bag Size and Airlines

Pieter1

Hi guys/girls

I'm trying to get my bike to me and have been told by two shipping companies that my bike bag (EVOC) is to long.

The EVOC bag is 147 x 85 x 36 and what they are saying is it should be in a box that is 110 x 110 x 85.

Does anyone know of a company or person that can help ship my bike in the EVOC bag? My protective gear, shoes and some baby products that we need are in there so I'm not sure how all of this will fit in another bag/box.

Thank you

Pieter

Edit: The shipping company spoke to the airline and they will accept my bag as is.

Edited by Pieter1

The airline let the shipping company know that my bag is indeed too big and they won’t take it. I’ll have to put it in a 110x110x85 box.

This is just to help anyone in the future.

And the Evoc bag then? How will that be shipped?

Unfortunately that will have to stay behind for now. I’ll bring it over as a carry on bag at some point.

I have flown my bike in a evoc pro (a bit smaller than the XL).

Flying KLM from Vancouver to CT, no issues. But going back to Vancouver, the acsa staff declared it over sized. I had to pay an extra R900 and take it down to oversize baggage and get it loaded there. All this despite my ticket specifically included sports bag (and the bag was within the required dimensions of the airline)

Edit: The shipping company spoke to the airline and they will accept my bag as is.

Aaah good to hear..I sent my husband's Evoc bike bag (bike included) to him.. No issues... Can't remember which airline the guy flew that took the bike over for him though.. But glad you are sorted.

Aaah good to hear..I sent my husband's Evoc bike bag (bike included) to him.. No issues... Can't remember which airline the guy flew that took the bike over for him though.. But glad you are sorted.

Unfortunately they changed their minds and said it is too big. It is 30cm too long. I have also flown with my EVOC bag but there was no space in the car or the venter for my bag. I did not think it would be such an issue to ship it...

Unfortunately they changed their minds and said it is too big. It is 30cm too long. I have also flown with my EVOC bag but there was no space in the car or the venter for my bag. I did not think it would be such an issue to ship it...

Aggenee

So it seems it is easier to take it over with you than shipping it.

PS sorry I see you did later post that there was an issue I missed that bit.

Edited by Gen

Aggenee

So it seems it is easier to take it over with you than shipping it.

PS sorry I see you did later post that there was an issue I missed that bit.

Ja I honestly don’t get it. Spoke to one of the big shops here and they import their bikes using Singapore airlines so I’ll try sort it out from this side because I need my bike bag for post covid trips.

I have travelled numerous times with my bikes and Evoc bags...they always have to be checked in at "oversize luggage" counters after paying the extra luggage fee

I have travelled numerous times with my bikes and Evoc bags...they always have to be checked in at "oversize luggage" counters after paying the extra luggage fee

Exactly. Thats why I can’t understand why when shipping it, it is such an issue.