Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does your son think for today? Seems to be the first real stage to make a move.

Steep Cat 2 finish, 4km @ 9.9% after a steadily climbing day, with a 4km run to the line

My thinking is either:

-Evenepoel wins it from a climbing group that goes on the final climb

or

-Strong Breakaway group takes the Win... maybe Thomas De Gendt shows his magic.

Looks tailor made for Yates that does.

What a finish we had yesterday! 

Breakaway wins. GC contenders take time gaps on each other. 

This is going to be fun! 

200m altitude gain over 170 kms.....

Only thing that can make this exciting is wind and rain, of which some is expected

2021-05-12 07_24_47-Window.png

2021-05-12 07_28_52-Window.png

Tapatalk isn't working for me, so I may be here less often if it's an ongoing problem. At least there is a GT (to watch) that can only be described as fantastico.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Tapatalk isn't working for me, so I may be here less often if it's an ongoing problem. At least there is a GT (to watch) that can only be described as fantastico.

Yeah doesn't work for me either.. So it's a bit of a schlep now????

I hope Remco is sandbagging otherwise there will be some sad hubbers... (good grief, theres way too many emojis now to try search for a joking face)

Cool finish yesterday. I love a bit of sparring between the GC chaps

15 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Tapatalk is currently disabled while the Forum upgrade continues to process. There are background tasks running that might take a day or two to crunch the 12 years of discussions.

The forums should now be useable on a phone with the upgrade at least.

14 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

I hope Remco is sandbagging otherwise there will be some sad hubbers...

He's still best placed overall of the so-called GC contenders (I don't rate Vlasov in that group, but Remco is only 4 seconds behind him anyway)

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

I hope Remco is sandbagging otherwise there will be some sad hubbers... (good grief, theres way too many emojis now to try search for a joking face)

Cool finish yesterday. I love a bit of sparring between the GC chaps

He's just come back from a long time off.. Surely they aren't expecting him to just destroy the field.. It will take time. 

does anyone think that Almeida shipped time yesterday to get some leeway to go for a stage later in the race? reasoning being that Evenepoel was and always will be the DQS leader despite what anyone says, and as he's leaving DQS, it'll improve his marketability... thoughts?

1 hour ago, TNT1 said:

He's still best placed overall of the so-called GC contenders (I don't rate Vlasov in that group, but Remco is only 4 seconds behind him anyway)

Vlasov is quality, lots of GC riders aren't letting him grab a bottle without changing gears incase he attacks. 

Congratz to De Marchi, the veteran who's been in many a break, grinding away.

This is the highlight of his career, I'm sure, the maglia rosa. What a beautiful lifetime achievement, especially as an Italian.