Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

What a display of power from Bernal! 

He is going to be tough to beat for the Pink. 

Ps. Didn't he technically win that stage of the TDF that was cancelled due to the hail? Or did they not crown a winner for the stage because of cutting it short? ????

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Gen said:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 

TODAY IS NOT A REST DAY. 

Those last 2km look absolutely deadly..... Big sharp turns and a sweeping right hander downhill sprint to the finish.

I hope everyone get through there in one piece.

4 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Those last 2km look absolutely deadly..... Big sharp turns and a sweeping right hander downhill sprint to the finish.

I hope everyone get through there in one piece.

let's hope so

2 hours ago, Gen said:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 

TODAY IS NOT A REST DAY. 

This is by no means going to be a rest day. Rather windy on this side of the med at the moment.  The riders will be dealing with quite a bit wind and gust of 60 km/h (green parts) to up to 90 km/h (orange).

image.png.61e794c6bc206ac1274fd2de8923d801.png

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

Wow! 

Glad he is (mostly) OK. 

Very much.  could have been quite bad.  

14 hours ago, Vetplant said:

What a display of power from Bernal! 

He is going to be tough to beat for the Pink. 

Ps. Didn't he technically win that stage of the TDF that was cancelled due to the hail? Or did they not crown a winner for the stage because of cutting it short? ????

well, he said it was his first, so literally from the horse's mouth I'd say. But yea, I though the same.

even weirder, he didn't realise he'd won (as previously said)

18 minutes ago, Maniax said:

Mohoric's crazy crash

Screenshot_20210517-084555_YouTube.jpg.4776399fa8fb235537f2712e0d9c3ee4.jpgScreenshot_20210517-084746_YouTube.jpg.6cf048f249d7c251efd5a96553f8ae3a.jpg

Watching this live I thought he did not really hit his head but made a front flip as in the first image... The second image shows why he has concussion. And then the bike in 2! Yikes!

He is a master descender. He seemingly lost grip of the rear tyre, the bike 'fishtailed' and I think the front wheel then caught the pole or kerb. At 60 km/h plus, he is one fortunate bike racer. Glad he's okay and should recover fully. His team report suggested a mild concussion. 

Will teach me to step out for a bit... Get home and all I see is Nizzolo chasing like mad.. I take it Bora did Bora things on that climb? 

2 minutes ago, Gen said:

I love the Giro.. That sprint point for bonus seconds was awesome. 

That's the hardest one second gain I've ever seen