Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

3 hours ago, Chris_ said:

The 'in all aspects' may have been premature.

But we lost half a great stage, and couldn't watch the biggest GC shakeup.

Mega disappointed for my viewing pleasure

Could not care about your viewing pleasure.It was hard and that's when the hard men come out to play.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Kranswurm said:

Could not care about your viewing pleasure.It was hard and that's when the hard men come out to play.

Hahaha, ok. 

1 hour ago, NC_lurker said:

I'm going to assume you didn't mean it to be as derogatory as it unfortunately came out.

"..this Eritrean" is only 26 and is riding his 5th Grand Tour. Personally I think that marks him as a fairly seasoned professional.

https://racing.trekbikes.com/stories/trek-segafredo-men/amanuel-ghebreigzabhier-from-eritrea-to-europe

You're quite right. Sarcasm poorly chosen then. He was holding some very celebrated company, that's all I meant to highlight. 

Bernal is looking unbeatable currently, especially with his team setting him up for these insane climbs. 

The rest of the GC contenders are now racing for 2nd. Their only hope to win this is if some serious bad luck crosses Bernal's path or if his back problems suddenly resurface. 

12 hours ago, Christie said:

How could Bernal win when he had to do a 17km wet descent on rim brakes, while the chasers were on disks ????

his rimbrakes handled the strade stage too quite well.

12 hours ago, Christie said:

How could Bernal win when he had to do a 17km wet descent on rim brakes, while the chasers were on disks ????

To quote the greatest champion of them all: "It's not about the bike"?

14 hours ago, NC_lurker said:

I'm going to assume you didn't mean it to be as derogatory as it unfortunately came out.

"..this Eritrean" is only 26 and is riding his 5th Grand Tour. Personally I think that marks him as a fairly seasoned professional.

https://racing.trekbikes.com/stories/trek-segafredo-men/amanuel-ghebreigzabhier-from-eritrea-to-europe

good to see the guys who came through DDD getting decent opportunities on other teams. I've been told getting visas for these guys just to race in europe is a job in itself. It seems like the process is done now anyway with just Dlamini and JJvR on the WT team from africa.

Whether the "production line" is closed or the continental team actually does anything beyond this year is anyone's guess

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/team-qhubeka-2021/overview/

Really missed taking in the stunning Dolomites. And imagining myself up those gradients. ????

Bernal's dominance - this is his 1st Giro. What a bike rider. Week 3 will be a test.

Week 3 - who will be on the podium. Remember, there's a time trial (I'm recalling Hesjedal and Dumoulin clinching pink in the race against the clock)

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

Skills 101; especially well done in wet.

Something a lot of amateurs neglect, and more importantly, something one can’t improve on the indoor trainer.

Years of riding to school in the rain in the Cape helps.

I will never forget.We were bombing in down Kommetjie Road towards Fish Hoek Main road in the rain and someone opened a car door in front of me.How I missed it I dont know.I must of swerved and my mate behind me was convinced I was tickets.Riding in the rain is a skill

Some respond well in the heat; some in the cold. Some regardless of ambient temps. The science of it all - intriguing.

Love this old man with the hat, passionately, and the boy with the flag. Them fans.

Wonder what the weather holds this week. There'll be more mountains, many more.

spacer.png