Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

It ain't over until Milan. Tomorrow will be tense. The race of truth is the race of truth.

Remember Supaman Lopes in the TT last year... came a cropper badly. To finish first, first you have to finish... a lot can happen in 30km.

3 hours ago, SwissVan said:

At least 6 motor bikes between the leaders and Bernal group

wtf for.....

I counted EIGHT, and not 6, thought EXACTLY the same thing; time to cut down on SOME of the non-critical bikes, maybe...?

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

Remember Supaman Lopes in the TT last year... came a cropper badly. To finish first, first you have to finish... a lot can happen in 30km.

Yep.

Pogacar beat Roglic by 1m56 last year in that famous TT over 36km. 

Granted, it was an uphill finish, so larger time gaps are more likely in that case. 

But the fat lady can only sing once Bernal crosses that finish line tomorrow. 

...and a semi-Jack, but RELATED question:

Seen from front-on, it appears as if many of the brake hoods, or rather levers, are not vertical, but are slightly off vertical, almost akin to Gravel bikes, though not nearly that angled...

is this a known thing/newish trend?

thanks for the enlightenment!
chris

6 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Seen from front-on, it appears as if many of the brake hoods, or rather levers, are not vertical, but are slightly off vertical, almost akin to Gravel bikes, though not nearly that angled...

chris

It is for aero purposes. Look at Victor Campenearts from Q-Assos, probably best example.

10 hours ago, Zebra said:

chris

It also feels a little easier on the wrists 

13 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Yep.

Pogacar beat Roglic by 1m56 last year in that famous TT over 36km. 

Granted, it was an uphill finish, so larger time gaps are more likely in that case. 

But the fat lady can only sing once Bernal crosses that finish line tomorrow. 

Unlikely but possible, can Caruso pull a TP on EB?

47 minutes ago, River Rat said:

One of my favourite Le tour 1989 came down to the ITT here's the story told by the loser on the day Lareunt Fignon who started the day with a 50 second advantage over Greg Lemon. The final stage of 24.5 km to the Champs Elysee was all that stood between him and a third victory. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/jul/22/tour-laurent-fignon-greg-lemond

Watched it live on the box.Edge of the seat stuff.

Right... I'm ready.

The sexiest bikes, aero, speed, the race of truth... Let the afternoon begin

1 hour ago, Kranswurm said:

Watched it live on the box.Edge of the seat stuff.

Me too in those years TDF was like a soap opera with the Lemond / Hinault internal fued adding spice to some serious racing. Lemond / Fignon found some sympathy  for the American as he was recovering from a gunshot injury. Today's stage doesn't have the same spice but just seeing a Grand Tour in the balance on the last stage is awesome.