Attachment points on rigid fork

Mook

Hi all,

I want to install a rivnut on each side of my rigid steel fork to attach a front pannier rack. The position of these "cage nut" points should be standard to accommodate your OTC racks.

Can anybody help me with the center-2-center measurement from front axle/skewer to rivnut/cage nut. My fork is 26", but the distance from axle to attachment point should be identical regardless of wheel size.

I realize that many guys sell clamps and other attachment gadgets for this purpose, but having a CroMo frame I do not have issues with drilling a 6-7mm hole to mount a rivnut.

Many thanx

Hi all,

I want to install a rivnut on each side of my rigid steel fork to attach a front pannier rack. The position of these "cage nut" points should be standard to accommodate your OTC racks.

Can anybody help me with the center-2-center measurement from front axle/skewer to rivnut/cage nut. My fork is 26", but the distance from axle to attachment point should be identical regardless of wheel size.

I realize that many guys sell clamps and other attachment gadgets for this purpose, but having a CroMo frame I do not have issues with drilling a 6-7mm hole to mount a rivnut.

Many thanx

180mm on my crmo Tandem 26" fork

Thanx Brakepad and Droo,

I will confirm Brakepad's measurement of 180mm with the guys from Everyday Cycle Supply Co. The reason I have'nt drilled yet is that I do not have a pannier rack yet. I am fitting Blackburn cargo cages first and will be investing in a Tubus Tara Lowrider later. Problem is that I want to have attachment points for the cargo cages now, BUT they must be in the correct position to accommodate the rack when I get it.

thank you everyone for responding :thumbup: