Supersport not broadcasting the Classics?

Chris NewbyFraser

That's like R30 a month, for high quality cycling broadcasts. What did DSTV premium cost a year?

True, thats not expensive on its own. But, in order to watch cycling, rallying, global touring cars and sailing, then the totals might add up to more than dstv - bit tough for me as a fixed income retiree, which is why I am hoping to find very affordable sites to access

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that Paris Nice is on. Maybe dstv just chose to ignore the (probably more expensive) super exciting Classics and got the far less addictive multi-day tours at a good price. Probably hoping this will continue to enslave their current cycling viewers

I see that Paris Nice is on. Maybe dstv just chose to ignore the (probably more expensive) super exciting Classics and got the far less addictive multi-day tours at a good price. Probably hoping this will continue to enslave their current cycling viewers

Perhaps they (DStv) have the rights to the the ASO-organised events.

The Tour

Paris Nice

LBL

The Dauphine

Paris Tours

Volta 100

Fleche Wallone

Paris Roubaix

The Vuelta

I had a look at GCN Plus website and what they offer. With the 50% discount no longer available it still is an option if everything is available as per their site.

I saw some comments that all is not available and there is some bugs still to be sorted.

What is the current users opinion. Is it worth it. I am tired battling with TIZ Cyclings streaming

I had a look at GCN Plus website and what they offer. With the 50% discount no longer available it still is an option if everything is available as per their site.

I saw some comments that all is not available and there is some bugs still to be sorted.

What is the current users opinion. Is it worth it. I am tired battling with TIZ Cyclings streaming

Strade Bianchi is not on Supersport this weekend, but it will be available on GCN+ in SA and I have also been left irritated by the struggles of Tiz.

Just that in itself is almost worth it already...

Plenty more big races will be available. 

UAE Tour was great to follow on GCN+, so I am happy with my return thus far on the Live Races.

Despite the problem with the live broadcast last weekend, the full race was available to “replay”. I was busy anyway, at the time but was able to watch the last two hours, uninterrupted, later that evening.

I’ve watched a few documentaries, and if they say two per week, I doubt I’ll be able to catch up, especially with live racing on too.

For me this is better than having Strava Premium and costs less for a full year.

RAI 430, do not understand a word Italian.

Hopefully some live racing soon.

I am that desperate for some racing.

Edited by DJuice

RAI 430, do not understand a word Italian.

Hopefully some live racing soon.

I am that desperate for some racing.

LOL... wish my Italian was better too.

Am I seeing Qhubeka among some big guns in the lead group with 2 more riders in the chase group.?

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps they (DStv) have the rights to the the ASO-organised events.

The Tour

Paris Nice

LBL

The Dauphine

Paris Tours

Volta 100

Fleche Wallone

Paris Roubaix

The Vuelta

Has there been official word on dropping a lot of cycling?

Rumours?

Rumours?

i don’t know, but the events they have shown, and likely will show are mostly ASO events.

Rumours?

Seems they dropping a few vs last few years

To date - Omloop, Strade B, Tirreno A.

I did the GCN+ package for half price in Feb. Been very happy so far. Commentators are decent. Plus you can replay the race if you missed it. And way cheaper than the R900 odd per month I was paying for DSTV. 

I did the GCN+ package for half price in Feb. Been very happy so far. Commentators are decent. Plus you can replay the race if you missed it. And way cheaper than the R900 odd per month I was paying for DSTV.

Best feature ever! You don't have to wait for DSTV to load their own version at some stage onto Catch Up. You can watch the whole thing whenever it suits you.

Very impressed thus far.