How much discount to you get plus minus if you become an ambassador for a shop

mrJohan

An Instabassador?

I would personally hate to have to have pictures of myself using/wearing/doing things with appropriate hastags and be unable to use/wear what ever I wanted AND have to churn out appropriate content.

No free or discounted stuff is worth selling my soul to the gram for. 

Except maybe tires.... Tires are a really expensive consumable and I wouldn't mind free/discounted tires. 

An Instabassador?

I would personally hate to have to have pictures of myself using/wearing/doing things with appropriate hastags and be unable to use/wear what ever I wanted AND have to churn out appropriate content.

If you did it that way you’d be doing it wrong.

Only team up with brands you actually believe in and are prepared to endorse.

Yeah nah

Any brand. I'm happy to pay for things.

There are no brands out there that I 'believe in' more than another enough to have to create content and be a billboard for. How much merchandise is your soul worth?  :ph34r:

Even then it’s soul destroying being an ambassador or taking a sponsorship. Been there, done that never again

Yeah nah

Any brand. I'm happy to pay for things.

There are no brands out there that I 'believe in' more than another enough to have to create content and be a billboard for. How much merchandise is your soul worth? :ph34r:

Even then it’s soul destroying being an ambassador or taking a sponsorship. Been there, done that never again

Interesting, I’m not sure what experiences you guys have had that make you feel this way but there are a couple of folks I follow this side and they pretty much have carte blanche on what they do and how often they do it as long as they feature the brand.

What is my soul worth?

Well I don’t think it has anything to do with my soul. For example, I’ve become a fan of Castelli winter gear, I’d have no issue posting pics wearing it because, well, I already do. It’s a good brand with good products and it already features in my pics so I would have no issue tagging them to get a discount.

If someone approached me about products I couldn’t endorse with a smile or terms I couldn’t live with I’d simply turn it down.

It doesn’t have to be a soul problem, one has a choice.

I get anywhere from 10% from some bike shops to 20% from others. Then another I get really really good prices. This all because I have been a customer for years. So I imagine that being a "brand ambassador" will get you way better prices.