Advise needed - Tubeless tyres

nelian

Evening folk, have an odd issue that I trying to resolve.

Fitted a new tyre on my Easton EC70 back wheel rim, and air is leaking out the little hole on the side of the rim (See Picture) I also noticed a white watery liquid coming out (I assume it was water and sealant mixture) comeing this area and where the valve is....

Any suggestions? 

I replaced the tyre because it was continuously going flat (Slowly), but I assumed is was due to a sidewall puncture that had sort of sealed... and I assumed that this was the cause, hence replacing the tyre.

post-120426-0-35717300-1614449729_thumb.jpg

Edited by nelian

I assume it's a taped tubeless setup.?

Good chance your tape has come loose or ripped somewhere causing the leak.

Re-tape the wheel.

I assume it's a taped tubeless setup.?

Good chance your tape has come loose or ripped somewhere causing the leak.

Re-tape the wheel.

My first thought too, but there is no tape, it is a sealed... the only hole is where the valve goes in... Which is why I am stumped... that means the air is escaping where the valve is, and then filling the cavity,  and out where the the hole is...

Edited by nelian

Ok, wasn't too sure about the rim bed of the EC70.

Check for any damage around the valve hole, and also check valve for damage.

Sometimes it's also a case of using a different valve that matches the rim profile better.

Ok, So couple of lessons... that I have learnt

Ok, so the valve is leaking... only reason it comes out the little hole, it is the path of least resistance, when sealing the little hole, the air comes out the valve... So, have put some sealant in the tyre... Let see if Stans can sort out the leaking valve...

However, its still a work in progress... hopefully I am right, and its a valve issue and not a rim issue...