Any generic 12 speed XD cassettes that is worthwile???

austin06

Any advice on a generic cassette that works 100% on SRAM 10-50 groupset? 

Looking at the KCNC 9-52 cassette, and have read that it is not working 100% with the older SRAM 10-50 groupset, or must it be used with the new SRAM Lunar 10-52 groupset? Any feedback on the issue...

Anybody tried the E*thriteen G2 9-50 cassette?

What about the SUNRACE XD 10-50  (SunRace CSMZ91X WT5 10-50t) as an option??

E13 yes. Noisy, but it works well and you can replace it in halves if you suffer from favourite gear syndrome.

Sunrace and KCNC are both to be avoided, and I have yet to hear of a generic that works as well as the SRAM ones.

E13 yes. Noisy, but it works well and you can replace it in halves if you suffer from favourite gear syndrome.

Sunrace and KCNC are both to be avoided, and I have yet to hear of a generic that works as well as the SRAM ones.

I can second what you said about Sunrace. I can not get this thing to shift properly. No amount of fine tuning can make up for bad construction and design. 

Any advice on a generic cassette that works 100% on SRAM 10-50 groupset? 

Looking at the KCNC 9-52 cassette, and have read that it is not working 100% with the older SRAM 10-50 groupset, or must it be used with the new SRAM Lunar 10-52 groupset? Any feedback on the issue...

Anybody tried the E*thriteen G2 9-50 cassette?

What about the SUNRACE XD 10-50  (SunRace CSMZ91X WT5 10-50t) as an option??

You need the latest SRAM 10-52 compatible rear derailleur to work reliably with the E-thirteen 9-52. The 10-50 rear mech doesn't work correctly as it runs out of range. Its also the only cassette I'd consider as a worthwhile substitute to the SRAM cassettes.

Sunrace is a cheap solution and KCNC is crap. Haven't tried E13 so cant comment.

Invest in another Sram cassette, it will outlast "generic" ones 2 maybe 3 fold if maximized with chain rotations and so on...

I'll give you one Droo

Garbaruk - about XX1 quality and durability and price unfortunately - but I will just say that I am gentle on cassettes because I'm soft and avoid rain and mud if I can

Current one on about 5000km and I still can't get the park tool thingy in

* cost about 250 US for Shimano and a little more for Sram - their engineering is next level and had a 10/50 shimano cassette before shimano and a 9/52 sram before sram

Edited by Wayne pudding Mol

Interesting that so many of you have had bad experiences with Sunrace.

I've had two 11sp 11/46 cassettes on my previous bike running with an XT derailleur and my wife currently runs the 12sp 11/50 Sunrace with SRAM GX derailleur. None have ever posed an issue.

Interesting that so many of you have had bad experiences with Sunrace.

I've had two 11sp 11/46 cassettes on my previous bike running with an XT derailleur and my wife currently runs the 12sp 11/50 Sunrace with SRAM GX derailleur. None have ever posed an issue.

Using XTR on the top end Sunrace. I can't get rid of the clicking and some ghost shifts. A fresh drivetrain service will give me 30km of trouble free riding. Then the party starts. 

I'll give you one Droo

Garbaruk - about XX1 quality and durability and price unfortunately - but I will just say that I am gentle on cassettes because I'm soft and avoid rain and mud if I can

Current one on about 5000km and I still can't get the park tool thingy in

* cost about 250 US for Shimano and a little more for Sram - their engineering is next level and had a 10/50 shimano cassette before shimano and a 9/52 sram before sram

Interested to know how it plays out in terms of longevity. Its quite abit cheaper than a SRAM XX1 cassette and more comparable to a XO1 XG 1295 in price

For the Shimano 11-52t HG version I'm looking at R4 379,41 shipped (add R700 for DHL and VAT) 

Call it R5000. I kinda like those odds.

I can second what you said about Sunrace. I can not get this thing to shift properly. No amount of fine tuning can make up for bad construction and design. 

oddly I only had the issue before I used the sram gap adjuster. So far my sunrace is feeling pretty good.

oddly I only had the issue before I used the sram gap adjuster. So far my sunrace is feeling pretty good.

I b-tensioned in every possible direction with suspension at sag, fully extended, more b, less b, etc. 

Nothing solves it. 

Second punt for Garbaruk... never XX1 again...

Agree, I have a 11 spd Garbaruk on my 26" bike, shifts just as well as Shimano & Sram.

Also excellent quality but not cheap.  

Edited by TheoG

I b-tensioned in every possible direction with suspension at sag, fully extended, more b, less b, etc. 

Nothing solves it. 

My 29" came with a 11 spd Sunrace, I got rid of it as quickly as possible.

Nothing solves it. 

Not sure if it will help, but after watching this vid all was sorted. The big thing is the position of the derailleur on the small gear and then the gap setting.

oh and not to pull the cable tight when installing.