Sealant in road tubes

peevee

Hearing of the weeping issues is interesting.

Perhaps I just haven't noticed.

What is OrangeSeal's position on "bombs".?

They Don't Mention C02 on their Spec Sheet or FAQ

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/21/2021 at 11:13 AM, Furbz said:

Our first shipment of OrangeSeal lands in RSA in +-8 weeks.

i'll post back here as soon as we have it in stock

i know it's a long lead time. 

it's our first shipment. OrangeSeal manufacture per order to ensure the sealant is nice and fresh

Hi, did that shipment of Orange Seal arrive? 

it arrive this coming week. there was a slight delay on their side.

i will post back here as soon as its in our hands

14 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

Hi, did that shipment of Orange Seal arrive? 

• 2 weeks later...

ORANGE SEAL HAS ARRIVED!!!!!! 

What great timing, I had a rear puncture which Joe's Road sealant could only seal to 40psi. 

I pumped up the tyre 4/5 times over the past week which gave it plenty of time to seal but it kept dropping to 40psi and made a horrible mess. I actually pulled my crank and removed the chain rings so I could clean that sticky muck off. 

My order of Orange Seal arrived today and it sealed that hole immediately and has held 85psi throughout the day. 

I've been saying it for 4 years, it works perfectly. 

Forget Sludge, Stan's, Stan's Race, Joe's, Joe's Road Sealant. Complete rubbish and a waste of money. 

Get your Orange Seal from https://lanoysports.co.za/

(I have ZERO affiliation to Orange Seal or Lanoy, I'm just happy they are now importing it) 

12 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

What great timing, I had a rear puncture which Joe's Road sealant could only seal to 40psi. 

I pumped up the tyre 4/5 times over the past week which gave it plenty of time to seal but it kept dropping to 40psi and made a horrible mess. I actually pulled my crank and removed the chain rings so I could clean that sticky muck off. 

My order of Orange Seal arrived today and it sealed that hole immediately and has held 85psi throughout the day. 

Forget Sludge, Stan's, Stan's Race, Joe's, Joe's Road Sealant. Complete rubbish and a waste of money. 

(I have ZERO affiliation to Orange Seal or Lanoy, I'm just happy they are now importing it) 

Thanks Andreas,

Thank you for the kind words. it is always great to hear good reviews

i will be starting a thread to detail a few of our products in the coming days

To everyone else checkout our site! the 8oz bottles come with a neat delivery system and measuring dip stick to take the guess work out of filling tires. so its a good place to start.

Free shipping with purchases over R1000

https://lanoysports.co.za/collections/orange-seal

Edited by Furbz

15 minutes ago, Furbz said:

Thanks Andreas,

Thank you for the kind words. it is always great to hear good reviews

i will be starting a thread to detail a few of our products in the coming days

To everyone else checkout our site! the 8oz bottles come with a neat delivery system and measuring dip stick to take the guess work out of filling tires. so its a good place to start.

Free shipping with purchases over R1000

https://lanoysports.co.za/collections/orange-seal

Website not working?  404 error?

17 minutes ago, shaper said:

Website not working?  404 error?

its a known Gremlin we are working to resolve. seems to affect Chrome browsers. 

clearing your cookies often works

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 8:42 AM, Furbz said:

its a known Gremlin we are working to resolve. seems to affect Chrome browsers. 

clearing your cookies often works

Website definitely down or something

1 hour ago, warick_wrx said:

Website definitely down or something

Thanks @warick_wrx

we moved our domain last night as coolideas had a very limited offering and emails constraints.

this should be sorted shortly

Will this pproduct also work on tubbies, and what would be the best way to clean out the current sealant, and replace it with orange seal? 

1 hour ago, corrie.kuilder said:

Will this pproduct also work on tubbies, and what would be the best way to clean out the current sealant, and replace it with orange seal? 

works perfectly in tubbies.

as for cleaning out the old sealant... i'm not entirely sure how one would do that...

On 6/23/2021 at 7:20 PM, Andreas_187 said:

Thanks Andreas, I'm gonna give it a shot on my new tyres. Are you using the Endurance or the regular Orange Seal? How often do you top up the sealant?

If Road tires go for the Original, it will need to be topped up more often compared to the enduro, however it is the best option for high pressures situations.

The Enduro is better suited to MTB with lower pressures - it does not quite seal the same size hole as the Original, but the upside is you do not need to top up as much - some people start MTB with the Original and from there top up with the Enduro.

If you are in a racing MTB situation or riding a stage race and want to give yourself the best peace of mind regarding not suffering an unplug-able puncture then the Original is the perfect option.

as for topping up sealant - my honest opinion on this is it depends on the tire.

if a tire seals off better to begin with i have found it needs less topping up.

ie when i used to ride schwalbe tires they constantly weeped sealant through the side walls.

i am not riding maxxis tires and have found no weeping and so have not found the need to top up as much.

The smaller bottles of OrangeSeal come with a little dip stick and applicator to check how much sealant is in the tires.

its a simple solution that makes the job really easy.

I use a syringe that I bought in clicks for 6 randies. It holds 20ml so 3 shots through the valve is all you need. (Stan's will sell you a extra special cycling version for a ridiculous price +-R300)

10 minutes ago, Andreas_187 said:

I use a syringe that I bought in clicks for 6 randies. It holds 20ml so 3 shots through the valve is all you need. (Stan's will sell you a extra special cycling version for a ridiculous price +-R300)

There are a few cheaper (not cheap) options available.

I initially also used a medical syringe which worked ok.

The cycling specific ones however are firstly appropriately sized, and with the tube that attaches to the valve is just a lot easier and cleaner.