White residue on black paint

Catatonic_Joe

Hi Hubbers,

Any advice on what I could use to remove this white residue from the paint on my bike. Not sure what's caused it. When I wipe it with a chamois it looks clean but as soon as it dries the residue can be seen again. I'm pretty sure its all over my bike, but its only clearly visible on the black parts.

post-12443-0-81660500-1614866076_thumb.jpgpost-12443-0-75439000-1614866087_thumb.jpg

Edited by Catatonic_Joe

Did you wash with sunlight liquid?

Go at the frame with Mr Min and a soft cloth and then a wash with some rally or meguiars car shampoo+wax.

No, its sort of an all purpose degreaser I'm trying out...  :unsure:

I'll try the Mr Min and Polish

No, its sort of an all purpose degreaser I'm trying out...  :unsure:

I'll try the Mr Min and Polish

Degreaser/engine wash nowadays contains citric acid and even some citrus extracts, it kills paint and plastics. (Especially that monster degreaser the **** cracked a headlight on my car when it got on there by mistake)

Never again please for your own sake :)

Of course you can use those detergents/degreasers. The citrus ingredients (amoungst other things) is what sends the pH level through the roof, which is the corrosive part. 

Just ensure you wash/rise the parts/baaik properly with fresh water once done cleaning. 

Use some Meguire's polish as previously suggested to get rid of those white-ish marks. Or coke - excuse the pun  ;)

But the polish will work best. Try avoid a polish that has a silicon base

Looks like damage to the clear cote on the frame. Not sure any of suggestions will solve that. Goodluck and ket us know the outcome

Of course you can use those detergents/degreasers. The citrus ingredients (amoungst other things) is what sends the pH level through the roof, which is the corrosive part. 

Just ensure you wash/rise the parts/baaik properly with fresh water once done cleaning.

Yeah, so this is what I normally do, except this time, after I sprayed my bike and with the degreaser, and started hosing the bike, we started losing our water pressure due to major water outage in our region, so didn't have enough water to rinse the bike properly.