Garmin Training Status - This guide explains all

Like most of you, I use a Garmin device for measuring all of my training activities.

Over the last while (probably as I get older), I am less interested in my pace at events, and more interested in my overall fitness and Vo2Max data.

I have been leveraging my Garmin Fenix 5X for some time and learning more and more and learning more about the training effects and the relevant metrics.

I found this guide to be EXTREMELY useful. It was created by FirstBeat, the company behind all of these metrics for Garmin.

Hope you like!

https://media.dcrainmaker.com/images/2017/03/FirstBeat-GarminFeatures-DCR.pdf

Garmin sniffed and declared last weekends 195km ride unproductive. Cuts deep

You're too fit for 195km to make a meaningful difference? dunno... I find Garmin's EPOC thingy in conflict with Intervals.icu

• 4 weeks later...

Garmin sniffed and declared last weekends 195km ride unproductive. Cuts deep

From the Garmin Website:

• Unproductive: your training load is at a good level, but your fitness is decreasing. Your body may be struggling to recover, so you should pay attention to your overall health including stress, nutrition, and rest.

So your ride pushed you past "productive" and into "unproductive". Its actually registering that it was a big effort and you need some recovery now.