A handy bike service center, free of charge to use...!

Zebra

Last nite, I parked in the last available parking bay, next to this interesting work-station, some of you may well know about it, but it was 1st for me...!

Pictures are self-evident, but basically tools attached to a central work station, with ARMS to place the bike upon (off the ground, for ease-of-servicing), else the cables are plenty long enough to reach a bike or two, even if they are a few feet away from the station...

the service-station uses PARK tools, so that's good, floor-bolted track-style pump, basically, SUPER innovative, and gave me a smile!

Anyone know where any OTHERS are located; could be useful to know?

THIS one is at Ladies Mile, in the new Checkers/Woolworths parking lot, in the South-West corner.

(and lockable bike racks right next to it)

Cheers

Chris

post-1199-0-96832500-1614937874_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-70764600-1614937925_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-30033200-1614937945_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-70071400-1614937962_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-28721900-1614937982_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-55636500-1614938001_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-21018600-1614938070_thumb.jpg

Last nite, I parked in the last available parking bay, next to this interesting work-station, some of you may well know about it, but it was 1st for me...!

Pictures are self-evident, but basically tools attached to a central work station, with ARMS to place the bike upon (off the ground, for ease-of-servicing), else the cables are plenty long enough to reach a bike or two, even if they are a few feet away from the station...

the service-station uses PARK tools, so that's good, floor-bolted track-style pump, basically, SUPER innovative, and gave me a smile!

Anyone know where any OTHERS are located; could be useful to know?

THIS one is at Ladies Mile, in the new Checkers/Woolworths parking lot, in the South-West corner.

(and lockable bike racks right next to it)

Cheers

Chris

That's great. Saw a few of those in Auckland near the harbour/waterfront area when I was there a few years ago. Thought to myself "that will never work in SA." Here's hoping it lasts.

That's great. Saw a few of those in Auckland near the harbour/waterfront area when I was there a few years ago. Thought to myself "that will never work in SA." Here's hoping it lasts.

yup, very firstworld of us.

let's hope the predictable doesn't happen

Something like that (even just a floorpump) would be handy at most trailcenter parkings.

Maybe even halfway up the trail

You can find one at the Caltex petrol station on Dock Road next to the V&A Waterfront on your way to the ICC.

post-167803-0-64342900-1614949476_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sibulele

You can find one at the Caltex petrol station on Dock Road next to the V&A Waterfront on your way to the ICC.

Love the added anti theft security feature.1