Alpine ‘surprised’ by Alonso’s quick biking accident recovery

OVERDRIVE

He is a tough cookie. Besides that, he is a cyclist, and that speaks volumes.

I read he's a bit of a prima donna. 

Is he not funding a cycling team?

I read he's a bit of a prima donna. 

Is he not funding a cycling team?

He's Spanish. Apparently quite demanding.Not sure about the cycling team.He has tried.Even tried to carry on with Euskaltel.

Have you guys watched the Netflix Series "Formula 1"? Alonso comes across as a total brat, and reading the article of his accident, it would seem he was the one who rode into the car and was at fault... Having lived in Switzerland, car drivers are normally "uber" cautious and courteous of bike riders.... 

Anyway, he is the kind of sportsperson who I get an enormous amount of schadenfreude from reading about his misfortunes... Kind of like reading about Tiger Woods crashing, LOL  

Edited by markjamesmulholland@gmail.com

Have you guys watched the Netflix Series "Formula 1"? Alonso comes across as a total brat, and reading the article of his accident, it would seem he was the one who rode into the car and was at fault... Having lived in Switzerland, car drivers are normally "uber" cautious and courteous of bike riders....

Anyway, he is the kind of sportsperson who I get an enormous amount of schadenfreude from reading about his misfortunes... Kind of like reading about Tiger Woods crashing, LOL

Called "Drive to Survive" and its phenomenally dramatised with editing... I wouldn't want to draw conclusions about people from how they're represented on that show...

Called "Drive to Survive" and its phenomenally dramatised with editing... I wouldn't want to draw conclusions about people from how they're represented on that show...

Yes, that is the one... Agreed that it is super dramatised (like most "based on fact" programs I guess), but non-the-less, Alonso comes across as a fairly obnoxious and arrogant person. 

But, maybe he is a super duper nice person in real life... ;) 

Yes, that is the one... Agreed that it is super dramatised (like most "based on fact" programs I guess), but non-the-less, Alonso comes across as a fairly obnoxious and arrogant person. 

But, maybe he is a super duper nice person in real life... ;)

He is actually . A competitive persona with a very dry humour for a Spaniard. He is associated with being explosive and difficult to work with as that’s how he was portrayed by the English tabloids when he was at mclaren for a year with Hamilton. That wasn’t particularly fair since they didn’t have equal equipment

Season 3 starting next week. 

He is actually . A competitive persona with a very dry humour for a Spaniard. He is associated with being explosive and difficult to work with as that’s how he was portrayed by the English tabloids when he was at mclaren for a year with Hamilton. That wasn’t particularly fair since they didn’t have equal equipment

Just about any successful athlete or person might come across as difficult.. They don't have time for mediocre nonsense.. To be the the best you want things running the way you need it to.. I mean this is a cycling forum.. we know how cyclist need everything to be perfect with equipment and nutrition and and and to meet their needs ... Same with any other sport or in business.

Season 3 starting next week. 

Hopefully he gets portrayed in a more favourable light and we get to see his softer and more playful side ;-)

Hopefully he gets portrayed in a more favourable light and we get to see his softer and more playful side ;-)

Since he didn't race last year I highly doubt we'll see much of him, plus there are more juicy storylines to push: vettel leaving /Perez without a seat /hulk coming back /Bottas' time ticking / Max frustration with his car ect.