Road Stage Races 2021

Gen

I know why you’re anticipating this race

I'll just be happy to see him on the bike again.. I don't expect any fireworks from him though.. But hopefully he has recovered well enough to be there... Bora yet to confirm their squad. Edited by Gen

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He made it look like they were on junior gears TBH. After he went left to get faaar away from mobile chicane demare(who got blocked a bit by Mads-o the irony) he sommer gaps them and goois a look right and was like when are these okes going speed up. I am not really a Bennet fan but he does seem to be the fastest at the moment. Credit where it's due to him and Quickstep.

I'm a Bennett fan, but its because of the name :)

Wow he’s now so far behind the peloton it’s going to be unpleasant for him from here.

Well DQS messed that up hopelessly [emoji849] a couple hundred meters out and Sam was gapped already; I’m surprised he even managed to get back into the frame by the line.

Sadly I missed the stage.. Mom duties.. Will give it a watch a little later.. These okes have been falling for 2 days straight [emoji102]

Sadly I missed the stage.. Mom duties.. Will give it a watch a little later.. These okes have been falling for 2 days straight [emoji102]

Early season diminished skills maybe [emoji2371]

Woah so far the Tirreno-Adriatico start list is bonkers..not all teams have confirmed their rosters but yoh.. It's gonna be fun.

It's always a lekker race.. Think this year will be special.

Will Newton
@InsidePeloton96
"The lineup for #TirrenoAdriatico is just silly.

PogaÄŤar, Almeida, Fuglsang, Yates, Landa, Nibali, Quintana, Bernal, Bilbao, Woods, Alaphilippe, Thomas, Bardet - and that's just the GC boys!

You've also got the likes of Van der Poel, Van Aert, Ganna, Sagan...the list goes on!"

https://twitter.com/InsidePeloton96/status/1368896832320004096

Will Newton

@InsidePeloton96

PogaÄŤar, Almeida, Fuglsang, Yates, Landa, Nibali, Quintana, Bernal, Bilbao, Woods, Alaphilippe, Thomas, Bardet - and that's just the GC boys!

You've also got the likes of Van der Poel, Van Aert, Ganna, Sagan...the list goes on!"

It's a really nice race some beautiful scenery and the normally ride through some really old towns.. So pretty.

https://twitter.com/InsidePeloton96/status/1368896832320004096

Will Newton

@InsidePeloton96

Not sure why it’s silly, the early season stage races are for the guys building for the Grand Tours. They need these stage races, so it’s fairly obvious to expect to see the best taking part.

Not sure why it’s silly, the early season stage races are for the guys building for the Grand Tours. They need these stage races, so it’s fairly obvious to expect to see the best taking part.

I don't think the guy meant silly as in the way you are interpreting it.. More like a very strong field with added flavour lol

Does anyone know why cycling coverage is so k@k this year?  Omloop, Kuurne, Strade Bianche, none of these have been televised, previous years they were

Any live coverage on SS?

Does anyone know why cycling coverage is so k@k this year? Omloop, Kuurne, Strade Bianche, none of these have been televised, previous years they were

They didn't buy the rights to those races..

I don't think the guy meant silly as in the way you are interpreting it.. More like a very strong field with added flavour lol

yeah, I know.

The tweeter’s use of the word silly was insanely incorrect (see what I did there?). He/She could have used stupendous (extremely impressive).

They didn't buy the rights to those races..

Maybe previously they could pick it up for dirt-cheap because they had zero competition in the DSTV territories for those broadcasting rights.

Whereas this year GCN came in and outbid them...?

(Theory, I've have nothing to confirm this with)