Road Stage Races 2021

Gen

Maybe previously they could pick it up for dirt-cheap because they had zero competition in the DSTV territories for those broadcasting rights.

Whereas this year GCN came in and outbid them...?

(Theory, I've have nothing to confirm this with)

Probably also probable that it is a case of blowing the budget on other crap shows. Edited by Gen

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or that DStv only has a handful of cyclist subscribers left.

True... Also cycling isn't as popular in SA as what other sports are and the general public only really watch a TDF stage here and there... Just doesn't draw the viewership other sport do...not in SA in any case. Edited by Gen

Haven't Marriott and Toyota pulled the plug on their partnership with DSTV? It could also be that they were providing funding to buy the rights so they could then advertise at critical moments?

Haven't Marriott and Toyota pulled the plug on their partnership with DSTV? It could also be that they were providing funding to buy the rights so they could then advertise at critical moments?

Yeah like 200m from the donnerse finish line. Lol

I have no idea about DStv and their modus operandi, but I guess anything is possible.

Probably also probable that it is a case of blowing the budget on other crap shows.

wonder what their budget looks like with no local sponsored sports .... wonder to what extent they are bleeding ....

They had way more than enough motorsport fans ... did not stop them from dropping ESPN motorsport, many years ago.

Those same supporters did not stop them from dropping WRC ....

Even their DAKAR coverage have dwindled to barely 20 minutes of generic stuff, that you can get from various other sites ....

Never understood the logic of broadcasting AT THE SAME TIME:

- multiple rugby matches

- multiple cricket matches

- multiple soccer games

- ... uhm sorry, we ran out of channels so your motorsport cant be broadcast live ...

dropping cycling is inevitable if Toyota or similar big sponsors pull the plug ....

They had way more than enough motorsport fans ...

dropping cycling is inevitable if Toyota or similar big sponsors pull the plug ....

2 things.... Motorsports are archaic and silly

Toyota and Marriott have pulled the plug I believe

2 things.... Motorsports are archaic and silly

Toyota and Marriott have pulled the plug I believe

HEY !!!  Them are fighting words ....   :whistling:

Thanks to DStv I now hardly watch any motorsports .... refuse to pay premium package rates just to watch F1, which certainly is theee most boring of all motorsports.  :ph34r:

British touring cars, WRC, Dakar ....  :thumbup:   :clap:

aint that the beauty of it, that we can all support different sports. 

Never got the allure of 30 guys fighting over one ball, and when they finally get it they throw it away again ...  :wacko:

PARIS-NICE 2021:

Yaaassssss!!!!

Chapeau, Stefan Bissegger in yellow!

Pic: Bettini Photoss

rFhhwzwQWCkcusPQn9nsDM-970-80.jpg

that helmet

79bf37670850fb89211b8d76c5dda1a2.jpg