Road Stage Races 2021

Gen

Or that DStv only has a handful of cyclist subscribers left.

I wonder how many UFC fans they have compared to cycling? They have every single UFC fight night live and have done for a few years now.(In the states it is PPV so we score big time. If I had to PPV for the UFC it would cost a fortune)

In my circle of family and friends pretty much all of us have DSTV premium and pretty much all of us cycle and watch it but I am the only one that watches the UFC. So I would assume they have a lot more cycling subscribers than UFC fans as subscribers.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many UFC fans they have compared to cycling? They have every single UFC fight night live and have done for a few years now.(In the states it is PPV so we score big time. If I had to PPV for the UFC it would cost a fortune)

In my circle of family and friends pretty much all of us have DSTV premium and pretty much all of us cycle and watch it but I am the only one that watches the UFC. So I would assume they have a lot more cycling subscribers than UFC fans as subscribers.

You've obviously never been to Fourways boet. They are UFC befok 

I’ve never understood the appeal of sports where people try to out moer each other.

That is why UFC is lekker, Sometimes they try out submit each other :D . Jui Jitsu is such an awesome form of martial arts. IMHO the ultimate martial art discipline.

Pre-season centimeters

Very healthy before the onslaught of racing in Spring and the GTs

Hopefully he has gained a few extra watts as well. He was climbing really well last year but at the expense of that last extra bit of punch. I did think at times last year that he was looking a bit too scrawny!

They had way more than enough motorsport fans ... did not stop them from dropping ESPN motorsport, many years ago.

Those same supporters did not stop them from dropping WRC ....

Even their DAKAR coverage have dwindled to barely 20 minutes of generic stuff, that you can get from various other sites ....

Never understood the logic of broadcasting AT THE SAME TIME:

- multiple rugby matches

- multiple cricket matches

- multiple soccer games

- ... uhm sorry, we ran out of channels so your motorsport cant be broadcast live ...

dropping cycling is inevitable if Toyota or similar big sponsors pull the plug ....

fully agree, they have how many sport channels but end up filling half of them up with the same sport showing at the same time.

I was a HUGE F1 fan, then DSTV took it over from SABC and wanted to charge premium sub rates to watch it. I think I've watched maybe 3 races in the all the years since DSTV had it.

I just checked the results of a survey that was conducted by the the South African sport24 website in which they asked their readers to indicate their favourite tv sport.

Cycling scored only 2% while MMA/UFC/WWE scored 3%. ( the 3 sports are combined in the survey). Boxing , that stands alone, scored 1%.

Rugby (41%) and football (19%) scored the highest.

fully agree, they have how many sport channels but end up filling half of them up with the same sport showing at the same time.

In the case of football there are many games being played at the same time over the 4 different leagues that they broadcast.

Wout has extreme power. He did not look aero at all in that sprint, I thought he went too early but nope... WATTS

Aaah... So then nothing wrong with his form then [emoji6] Edited by Gen