Road Stage Races 2021

Gen

No. But that used to be the norm, not something spoken about as something to speak about.

Sagan dominated world cycling for years. There is no denying his class. Old, Fat Paul Gascoigne produced occasional moments of magic because it was in his DNA, he was a winner and was helluva special, just like Sagan.

It just shows he CAN win when he puts his mind to it, but how often is he actually able to put his mind to it? 

That's my point. You sort of inadvertently proved it. 

I don't think I meant that, he was trying and trying on every opportunity until he finally got one on stage 10 I think. 

Let's hope you're wrong and he entertains us properly for another season or two  :clap:

I don't think he's got the top end to regularly beat top pure sprinters anymore so will have fewer and fewer opportunities. I think they know this and hence the statement a while back that they see classics as his big focus going forward but that he'll still be giving the rest a good go. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I meant that, he was trying and trying on every opportunity until he finally got one on stage 10 I think.

Let's hope you're wrong and he entertains us properly for another season or two :clap:

I don't think he's got the top end to regularly beat top pure sprinters anymore so will have fewer and fewer opportunities. I think they know this and hence the statement a while back that they see classics as his big focus going forward but that he'll still be giving the rest a good go.

Time waits for no man or women.

We saw how he created havoc and was still seen as a treat to the very last at the TDF and at the Giro

But he'll adjust his schedule according to his form and ambition.. I also like that he is at a stage now that he is doing races that he never could do before and so on and not solely following his normal schedule.

I think we'll still see fireworks from him just not quite as often as what we were used to.

Edited by Gen

Reading Sagan’s biography about three years in the rainbow hoops, he doesn’t seem too worried about what some here believe.

He wants to win, no doubt, but life is meant to be lived and I believe he’s living it at the moment. Why so serious?

Reading Sagan’s biography about three years in the rainbow hoops, he doesn’t seem too worried about what some here believe.

He wants to win, no doubt, but life is meant to be lived and I believe he’s living it at the moment. Why so serious?

If this is directed at me, that's exactly what I'm saying. 

He is living life, not living bike racing. His focus isn't 27000% on winning all the time.

Anyway, we can all believe what we want.

I'm not attacking him or saying he is rubbish. Just suggesting he isn't as focussed as he needs to be or probably he himself sometimes wants to be, in order to be as successful as some people expect him to be.

Acknowledging someone isn't as focussed/in form as they have been/are expected to be does not make one less of a fan.

Yeah he is still Sagan and will do whatever the hell he wants to..and that's why I love the guy.

I just saw Simon Carr's crash at Pairs Nice! Holy sheebles that looked proper serious. How the hell did he get up and finish the stage? That was brutal to watch.

I just saw Simon Carr's crash at Pairs Nice! Holy sheebles that looked proper serious. How the hell did he get up and finish the stage? That was brutal to watch.

Think he was very lucky .

since the pole shifted back on contact , otherwise he would have got seriously injured .

https://youtu.be/YOFaCoHRF6Y check at 1:20

Saw that now , force was dissipated into the sign

Edited by Twaatie

Reminds me of my crash recently. I was violently flipped.

He was fortunate, hey, with the cycling gods smiling on him like that.

Phew!

The Ganna Effect eclipsed by Stefan Kung by a handful of seconds.

What a dramatic few days of cycling.

[emoji15]Shock horror.. So many questions [emoji12]

Not directed to any specific person, but rather a reply to the conversation about Sagan. Only Team Peter knows what’s install for Sagan.

Would have been awesome if Wout could spoil Pogacar's party, but taking more than a minute in the TT was never going to happen ...  :wacko:

He is living life, not living bike racing. His focus isn't 27000% on winning all the time.

Anyway, we can all believe what we want.

I'm not attacking him or saying he is rubbish. Just suggesting he isn't as focussed as he needs to be or probably he himself sometimes wants to be, in order to be as successful as some people expect him to be.

Acknowledging someone isn't as focussed/in form as they have been/are expected to be does not make one less of a fan.

You make a fair point. When you’ve achieved what he has and you don’t have anything left to prove, the things that motivate you may very well change. Winning might not be the only thing anymore and I also wouldn’t blame him for it.