Road Stage Races 2021

Gen

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SwissVan said:

It’s going to be an interesting fight for the GC win today on the final stage of the tour de suisse

Carapaz holds a narrow 17 second lead over a strong looking Uran with the final stage offering 3500m of tough climbing.

https://www.ciclismointernacional.com/tour-de-suisse-2021-stage-8-preview/

Uran smashed the ITT yesterday. Sjoe.

Today is set up for some great racing. Carapaz is going to need to attack. Jalla is also only 39 seconds back, so if he does Jalla things, this could be very very spicy

Just now, Jewbacca said:

Uran smashed the ITT yesterday. Sjoe.

Today is set up for some great racing. Carapaz is going to need to attack. Jalla is also only 39 seconds back, so if he does Jalla things, this could be very very spicy

Jalla is not taking part in the final stage, went home to have a baby ???? 

Cav beats Merlier, Ewan, Groenewegen, Nizollo, to name a few, at the Tour of Belgium. 

Suddenly it doesn't seem that far fetched that he might be able to deliver at the TDF, if they decide to take him.

Decisions, decisions. 

22 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Cav beats Merlier, Ewan, Groenewegen, Nizollo, to name a few, at the Tour of Belgium. 

Suddenly it doesn't seem that far fetched that he might be able to deliver at the TDF, if they decide to take him.

Decisions, decisions. 

To make it even more complicated Cavendish indicated that he will only do the Tour de France if Levefere (Quickstep) offers him a better contract or salary. He is not prepared to take on the responsibility and media scrutiny of doing the TdF under his current minimum contract.

LOL nothing like a cobbled 13km climb up the San Gothard pass for the last climb of the TDS

and Uran and Woods attacks with 17 km to go... Carapaz follows

Woods takes the kom and the group close behind at the highest point today, just over 2000m and 18 deg C

according to Fabian Chancalaro why is commentating from one of the motorbikes the riders also have a strong headwind to contend with all the way down to the finish 

Carapaz is very crafty and just did enough to win. It often looked as if he had another gear but never even used it. His fan club is not bad either even they seem to share resources with Mick's.

• 2 months later...

There is a team time trial at the Tour of Britain today to watch for those who are interested in this discipline. It should be interesting to see how the world tour teams do against the smaller teams. In general the racing has been very good so far in the race.  

3 hours ago, dsw said:

There is a team time trial at the Tour of Britain today to watch for those who are interested in this discipline. It should be interesting to see how the world tour teams do against the smaller teams. In general the racing has been very good so far in the race.  

WvA only 22s down on the GC Leader's jersey.

Methinks TJV can easily overhaul that time gap in the 18km TTT to put Wout ahead, then also winning the stage.

2021-09-07 14_03_36-AJ Bell Tour of Britain _ Team Jumbo-Visma.png

14 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

WvA only 22s down on the GC Leader's jersey.

Methinks TJV can easily overhaul that time gap in the 18km TTT to put Wout ahead, then also winning the stage.

2021-09-07 14_03_36-AJ Bell Tour of Britain _ Team Jumbo-Visma.png

According to the team, losing Harper is going to hurt their chances.