Road Stage Races 2021

Gen

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

According to the team, losing Harper is going to hurt their chances.

Ja, but they have Wout AND Tony.

The two of them pulled the entire TDF peloton across France in 2020, only to be outdone in the Final TT by the absolute genius of John Wakefield and Jeroen Swart. Pogacar was only the guy pushing on the pedals

"Hurt their chance", nah, more like, "Give the other teams an outside chance to be competitive"

;)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TJV rips into the finish, with a mechanical in the final kilometer, with a time 49s faster than the previous best time, .

Full strength DQS will most likely capitalize here to take the Stage. 

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

TJV rips into the finish, with a mechanical in the final kilometer, with a time 49s faster than the previous best time, .

Seems you underestimated Ineos  :)

Like you know Porte, Carlos Rodrigues, Dennis, Kwiatkowski are all excellent time trialists while Hayter is an Olympic track medalist.

It was great to see a team time trial on the road again.... one of my favourite disciplines in cycling. 

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Do you think TJV would have been winning if it was not for the mechanical or did they not loose that much time?

2 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Do you think TJV would have been winning if it was not for the mechanical or did they not loose that much time?

It would have been very close in my opinion, within a couple of seconds of Ineos either way. Seems they needed a bike change due to a flat rear tyre. Wout wasn't impressed. 

Team Qhubeka Nexthash really stuffed up at the end.  If it was not for Nizzolo who had the sense to drop back and helped the rider who was in trouble it would have been even worse for them. I have no idea why the other 2 remaining riders kept pushing ahead.  

52 minutes ago, dsw said:

Team Qhubeka Nexthash really stuffed up at the end.  If it was not for Nizzolo who had the sense to drop back and helped the rider who was in trouble it would have been even worse for them. I have no idea why the other 2 remaining riders kept pushing ahead.  

Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 17.36.58.png

28 minutes ago, Tim Brink said:

Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 17.36.58.png

They did not manage the situation after he crashed well over the last few kilometers and lost even more time as a result. Only Nizzolo seemed to be aware that the rider who crashed could not hold on and needed assistance. 

Some proper racing

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Woutie !!!!!

Edit:  Back in the lead after the time trial oopsie.

I thought Alaphilipe was going to take it.  This race has been excellent so far-  good terrain, great scenery and some real proper racing. 

2 hours ago, dsw said:

Some proper racing

I thought Alaphilipe was going to take it.  This race has been excellent so far-  good terrain, great scenery and some real proper racing. 

Yeah, when JA attacked them and WvA couldn't immediately react, I thought it was tickets. But somehow he hung on. 

Looking forward to the remaining Monuments and World's to see these guys try and knock each other out. 

Fun finish to the stage today. 

This race continues to be very exciting with a new leader every day. Pity about the crash but nevertheless a great sprint by Hayter who is quickly developing into a top versatile rider. 

Bit of a *** launch here for Alaphilippe, not sure he would have had it with a good launch though but surprised they stayed right where everyone could easily stay in their wheel instead of going left to break properly