Missing Link Needs Your Help

Thermophage

Naa, thats not the case.

This whole join the club to boost numbers for the total members thing keeps getting thrown in.

Then the do you support/donate to trail building is a bit old. Last time threads got deleted around these discussions. Also TokaiMTB has sponsors, so I still dont get the constant need of requesting members of the public to contribute towards the trails that Sanparks are already doing. If TokaiMTB club dont like it, then they must leave. Stop bashing people about what they do and contribute and using "their" facilities. It is government property!

And there you throw in another delusional statement - "...Sanparks are already doing..." You guys who use and abuse trails will be happy to fork out thousands on some bike gizmo but won't join the community who does get involved and support. I guess it takes all types ...

PS Still waiting for your offer of assistance to get to the bottom of the SANP mtb funding conspiracy. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And there you throw in another delusional statement - "...Sanparks are already doing..." You guys who use and abuse trails will be happy to fork out thousands on some bike gizmo but won't join the community who does get involved and support. I guess it takes all types ...

PS Still waiting for your offer of assistance to get to the bottom of the SANP mtb funding conspiracy. 

Look, the oke is asking a question. Maybe instead of throwing your toys again, you can be a bit more forthcoming and educate Eddy on a perspective you clearly have insight into.

So what happened to, aaghh you know what. Its not worth it. Enjoy all your efforts. I will enjoy the government land made available by government for us to ride bikes on. I am so over the inclusion and exclusion of tokai mtb. I will ride and enjoy my bike, what people choose to spend on bicycles is of no concern to you or tokai mtb. Thank You

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Why don't you get off your bum and go ask SANP why they don't and come back here and tell us all the result of your research. If they tell you they will and do support trail  building for mountain bikers this will be an amazing development and you will have assisted the trail building at Tokai and indeed around the whole park. 

In the meantime, continue enjoying the trails you refuse to support and paid for by hundreds of other stupid people who fail to get your impeccable logic.  

The guy asked a question, why are you so aggressive and defensive ? Makes you look like you're hiding something.

I prefer logical and to the point. The "oke" has a history of making unfounded statements. When challeneged he gaslights the other party and carries on. Bit like you've just done.

I prefer logical and to the point. The "oke" has a history of making unfounded statements. When challeneged he gaslights the other party and carries on. Bit like you've just done.

show me, start a new thread, this one has been derailled.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Nope Im calling it quits on this now. You didnt like being challenged or called out on something so you labelled me as defensive and aggressive and refused to respond in substance. Merely carried on spreading the same ***. *** that has been responded to and answered here ad nauseam over several years. You dont want the truth or to even make the effort to find out by going to source. If you could get SANP to plow a few hundred K PA into Tokai we could just about cancel our exclusive club. :-) Can't wait.

Can I ask why the constant need and request for support on a government, sanparks owned trail?

These entities should be giving money, dort or man power to assist with a tourist attraction and please dont tell me its a government institution and money is not forthcoming etc. That argument has been slinged for years and I dont get it. I see it work in other places even tho it is a slow process. Even on Sanparks website it is stated as such

Where is the money spent?
  • TMNP is part of SANParks, a national organisation which manages 21 National Parks around the country and whose primary mandate is conservation. Income that the Park generates is used to fund the conservation of the mountain chain from Table Mountain to Cape Point, including invasive alien plant clearing, fire management, veld rehabilitation and soil erosion programmes. The contributions made by the Activity Cards toward sustaining our National Park forms part of this system. TMNP is 24 000 hectares and the funds currently utilised for veld infrastructure, conservation and management, which includes cycle tracks, is far in excess of the money raised by the activity permit system.

https://www.sanparks.org/parks/table_mountain/tourism/access-cards-permits.php

and yet you refuse to answer the question.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

@mods, can we have this thread cleaned up or renamed please?

Just renamed pls - I tried, seems it's not an option or I am not interweb adept. Really no need for censoring anything.

Anyone typing here does so knowing it'll stay.

The reason is because the SANP do not supply money to build proper MTB trails at Tokai full stop. Thats the same answer thats always been given and the one you know. So of you know that why do you keep on sprouting the same tired ***?

and yet you refuse to answer the question.

The answer is not a cent of SANParks money goes into building or maintaining the cycle tracks.

Nothing.

If you believe their website and comms is misleading then please take it up with them.

Naa, thats not the case.

This whole join the club to boost numbers for the total members thing keeps getting thrown in.

Then the do you support/donate to trail building is a bit old. Last time threads got deleted around these discussions. Also TokaiMTB has sponsors, so I still dont get the constant need of requesting members of the public to contribute towards the trails that Sanparks are already doing. If TokaiMTB club dont like it, then they must leave. Stop bashing people about what they do and contribute and using "their" facilities. It is government property!

Mate there is so much wrong with this.

I realise it isn't out of malice but it is incorrect. SANParks put in neither money or labour on the trails and will watch them fall into disrepair and close them before putting money, time or effort into them.

Nobody at Tokaimtb is claiming it is their facility.

Hopefully we can get a bunch of people together to help, runners included. I assume most riders./runners haven't donated with the SnapScan link anyway, so this would be a great opportunity to contribute in another way (or donate some $$) ;)

Great that you want to get involved. Without either money or volunteer contributions, there will be very little riding opportunities in Cape Town.

ok, my last post on this.

One group claiming on their website "claim" The contributions made by the Activity Cards toward sustaining our National Park forms part of this system. TMNP is 24 000 hectares and the funds currently utilised for veld infrastructure, conservation and management, which includes cycle tracks, is far in excess of the money raised by the activity permit system.

and then another on a cycling forum that "claim that sanparks dont!

Who do I believe, where is the evidence?

I am gonna try extremely hard not to be part of this whole tokai topic any longer. Please dont lambast people who do not partake in the Tokai MTB Club Board system. It is up to the individual whether they ride a R1000 bike or a R200 000 bike. 

ok, my last post on this.

One group claiming on their website "claim" The contributions made by the Activity Cards toward sustaining our National Park forms part of this system. TMNP is 24 000 hectares and the funds currently utilised for veld infrastructure, conservation and management, which includes cycle tracks, is far in excess of the money raised by the activity permit system.

and then another on a cycling forum that "claim that sanparks dont!

Who do I believe, where is the evidence?

I am gonna try extremely hard not to be part of this whole tokai topic any longer. Please dont lambast people who do not partake in the Tokai MTB Club Board system. It is up to the individual whether they ride a R1000 bike or a R200 000 bike. 

You want evidence? Sure sit with me and I will show you exactly where every cent comes from. Every cent.

I will ask you to show me the work that has been completed and paid for in the area by SANParks.

Then go and ask the same of SANParks.

Just because a government department says something on a website doesn't make it true.

And just in case you miss this I will be sending you a DM with this offer, just to make sure there isn't any confusion.